This is a hybrid role and does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed. This position requires an employee to be on-site 1-2 times weekly.
What You'll Be Doing
This person will manage a team of AI/ML Scientists and/or Software Developers working on ADAS Mapping Software solutions. You will create, develop, and support new software-based solutions that enable future automotive strategies, including automated driving features.
- Be familiar with mathematical, physics, and machine learning techniques as applied in sensor data and signal processing and simplification of complex computational challenges
- 10+ years proficiency in one or more core analytical tools / suites / languages such as Python (Sklearn, numpy), R, Spark Scala, PyTorch, TensorFlow, and C++
- 2+ years experience leading high output, multi-disciplinary teams in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate proficiency in geospatial analysis/mapping as well as mobility and behavioral analysis
- Experience in developing and deploying products in global markets with virtual teams
- MS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or related quantitative field
- Experience in comparative frameworks between sparse real-world observations, dense simulated observations, and opportunities to expand sensor or sensing frameworks
- Experience with emerging techniques such as generative adversarial networks, self-supervised reinforcement learning, and imitation learning for complex optimization problems
- Experience with numerical optimization, statistical modeling +forecasting, machine learning + image processing
- PhD in related degree
- Preferred experience with autonomous vehicle and/or ADAS technologies/systems and related vehicle data processing and analytics
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.