The Enterprise Data Governance Manager will be a leader within GM’s Chief Data and Analytics Office’s Strategic Data Management organization. They will lead the creation of GM’s Enterprise Data Governance strategy and practice and the implementation of associated processes, standards, and policies. GM’s Enterprise Data Governance Program and corresponding objectives are intended to enable GM’s digital transformation and support its global growth strategy aligned to multi-year strategic objectives. The role has significant cross-functional and cross-business impacts and requires strong data standards and metadata management leadership across multiple organizations. The individual will need to be recognized as a trustworthy advisor in data standards and data quality management and be respected by leaders across both the business and IT.
This role will develop the Enterprise Data Governance strategy in collaboration with key stakeholders and lead the business implementation of enterprise data governance standards and solutions throughout the organization. This role will interact with Senior Divisional Business and IT leaders on a regular basis and clearly communicate and demonstrate the value of Enterprise Data Governance to their respective organizations.
The role is data centric and requires demonstrated working knowledge in data governance, data management, data compliance, metadata management, change management, and organizational design.
How you will impact GM - Key Responsibilities for the role:
- Develop GM’s Enterprise Data Governance strategy and practice.
- Develop and evaluate data standards and associated governance processes w/defined strategic metrics for adherence and continuous improvement.
- Partner with enterprise teams to implement enterprise data governance processes and capabilities aligned with digital transformation and global growth goals.
- Consult with and provide recommendations to senior management regarding assessments of the current state of data governance and data management efforts.
- Ensure successful Master Data Governance capability through partnership with enterprise teams responsible for master data, analytics and insights delivery, data architecture, data security, data literacy to ensure a holistic operating model.
- Evaluate data standards and governance processes and metrics for continuous improvement.
- Oversee the administration of data domain/information governance councils.
- Drive GM’s enterprise data governance policies, standards, process, training, and certification rollout.
- Provide leadership in best practices for employee development and training in data standards and governance, cascading information, and goals, and proposing operational strategy and improvements.
Skills / Experience / Education
- Bachelor’s degree (Ideally in Industrial Engineering, IT, or other quantitative/qualitative Business discipline.)
- 5+ years’ experience in the data governance and/or data management space supporting various data management capabilities.
- Demonstrated leadership in achieving shared objectives in a matrix organization, managing cross-divisional initiatives, and cross-functional teams in an extremely dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate and communicate with a variety of audiences and stakeholders including executive management, business leaders, IT peers, and colleagues worldwide.
- 3+ years management/leadership of projects, processes, workflow, and indirect teams.
- Strategic thinker, with demonstrated ability to work in a broad and top-down manner with a fair amount of ambiguity at the center.
- Results-orientation with the proven ability and reputation for developing plans and implementing them successfully.
- The median level of salary compensation for this role is ($130,000).
- Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance. Benefits:
- Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.