The General Motors Corporate Development and Global Mergers & Acquisitions team responds to the needs of the organization, considering business objectives and external impacts to resolve how best to deliver on corporate strategy. We apply our expertise to propel General Motors into groundbreaking areas by assessing new opportunities, supporting decision-making processes and providing thought leadership to our partners company-wide. Our focus is on detailed execution of initiatives in the following key areas:
- Joint Venture, Co-Development, Product Licensing, and Supply Arrangements
- New Business Development
- Alliance Management
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Divestitures
- Corporate and Regional Strategic Initiatives
Are you looking to start your career with an exciting and high-visibility role where you will develop core finance and project management skills? Join our team as an Analyst! New Corporate Development Analysts are given meaningful responsibilities and work within project teams to deliver on key corporate development initiatives that influence and set corporate strategy.
- Support transaction execution through application of strategic, financial, negotiation, and project management skills
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of internal and external constituents to develop and complete transactions
- Support post-transaction partner relationships to ensure proper execution of and accountability for committed deliverables
- Assist and/or lead business case development for deals, which involves identifying and working with the appropriate internal and external partners
- Evaluate new business opportunities
- Research industry and value chain dynamics and landscapes
To be successful, our Analysts must:
- Be self-motivated, committed, and unafraid to act and make decisions in ambiguity
- Learn quickly and think critically to understand the unique sets of issues, dynamics, etc. across a range of projects
- Distill sophisticated problems efficiently, anticipate issues, and evaluate possible solutions
- Leverage finance & computer skills to perform fundamental financial modeling and analysis
- Balance multiple, competing priorities, often within tight timing expectation
- Plan, lead, and complete projects with quality and precision
- Communicate clearly and concisely, appropriately tailoring messaging to each audience
- Pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree in one of the following areas: Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related fields
- Must be graduating between December 2022 and June 2023
- Demonstrates leadership in field of study, extra-curricular activities, or service organizations
- Functional/Technical Skills including Problem Solving, Drive for Results, Decision Quality, Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic Agility, Managerial Courage, and Innovative Thinking
- Familiarity with common financial tools like ROI, NPV, IRR, etc.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet goals in a fast-paced environment
- Can collaborate with a diverse team including cross-functional partners
- Knowledge of corporate finance principles including ability to analyze financial statements and other documents, capital structure analysis, etc.
- Sophisticated Excel skills and strong modeling and financial valuation skills
- Solves problems and develops new methods of analysis to streamline decision-making
- Prior professional experience in similar or related roles
Relocation assistance is available to candidates who meet eligibility requirements.
Work Location :
This role offers the following work appropriately strategies:
- Hybrid : This position does not require an employee to be onsite full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
- Remote : This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
The median level of the annual salary compensation for this role is $80,500 dependent upon class status and degree.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.