The GMIT Manufacturing Operations Specialist entry level position has on-site support responsibility for performing activities pertaining to information technology and business unit objectives in a GM Manufacturing facility. More specifically, this role will perform tasks requiring on-site support for basic level requests for IT end device support per the responsibilities listed.
- Under specific guidelines performing work directed from the site IT manager
- Perform Inventory updates leveraging Asset Tracking systems
- Perform Label printing and delivery as needed
- Maintains, analyzes, basic troubleshooting, and repair of computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals
- Support End-User Devices (PCs, Printers, Scanners, Mobile Phones and Tablets)
- Perform basic network administration (Cisco) and hardware replacement as needed
- Use remote PC Management tools to assist users
- Complete assigned IT project tasks
This role offers the following Work Appropriately strategies:
Onsite: This position requires an employee to be on-site on a full-time basis.
- A minimum of an Associates degree or equivalent curriculum in desktop computer support, network administration, CCNA, computer technician, computer support technician
- Associates degree graduation date must be between December 2020 and December 2021, or 0 – 5 years work experience
- Ability to relocate to the Lansing, MI, Flint, MI or the Metro Detroit area
- Must be willing to work in a plant environment
- These roles may require you to work second or third shifts or be ready on call if needed. In addition, there can be production Overtime needs on Weekends.
- Operates under general guideline and direction to maintain, analyze, troubleshoot, and repair end-user equipment (PCs, laptops, printers, scanners, tablets), computer peripherals, and network connectivity
- Good Windows PC and peripheral support skills
- Basic understanding of LAN/WAN concepts
- Basic understanding of wireless communication
- Basic Security knowledge
- Technical school graduate in IT discipline (PC Repair / Networking)
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skill. Can summarize and articulate issues under investigation as well as steps taken to resolve them
- Applies sound skill, experience, and judgment to troubleshoot reported issues
- Possesses strong analytical ability, communication, and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and business partners
Relocation assistance is available to candidates who meet eligibility requirements.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.