The career level process engineer, able to work autonomously with occasional guidance from supervision. Skilled in equipment/tooling alternatives, sequence, and flow of operations for the effective utilization of personnel, material, machines, and facilities necessary to produce parts. Work is performed in a centralized manufacturing engineering activity or assembly/plant activity where creativity and initiative is exercised as well as independent judgment.
As a Paint Process engineer in the Rotational Program you will rotate through a series of positions and assignments in plant sought to cultivate development and to educate. These positions are hands-on and engaging. You will learn problem solving on the fly, to work collaboratively with many members of the team, and be able to flex your creative muscles.
Paint Process Engineer
· Programming of manufacturing technology
· Analyze product, process, and technology to craft best methods to paint & assemble
vehicles, and protect the manufacturing process
· Recommend and validate improvement for existing processes
· Develop tools to improve program/project management
· Support development of cybersecurity tools for manufacturing
· Assists in the design and building of tools and equipment
· Assists maintenance personnel in operation and maintenance of specialized equipment
· Troubleshoots special maintenance and equipment problems
· Coordinates machinery upgrade projects
Global Manufacturing Engineering Vehicle Systems – Paint Engineer
· Responsible for value-added systems from exit of Body Shop through shipping
of finished vehicle
· Develop and Validate new Manufacturing Technologies and BOE for Automation, Paint, and General Assembly Shops
· Design and Develop Processes, Machine & Equipment and Tools for 50+ Assembly Plants, and approximately 30 launches each year globally
· Develop, Validate, and Maintain Common Conveyance Systems and Controls
· Support Development, Validation, and Maintenance Practices of Cybersecurity
Technology to create a secure factory
· Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to reduce energy and waste globally.
Job locations in various plant locations throughout the U.S.A. and sometimes at the Manufacturing Engineering Headquarters in Warren, MI. The U.S. Plant locations may include:
Lake Orion, MI
Fort Wayne (Roanoke), IN
Bowling Green, KY
Spring Hill, TN
Some travel may be required.
- Possess or currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Chemical Engineering, Robonautics or Robotics, Industrial & Systems Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Controls Engineering, Controls Systems Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Automotive/Automation Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Environmental Engineering, Industrial Safety, Management, Material Science/Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety, Organizational Development, Production Engineering, and Supply Chain
- Graduating between April 2021-June 2022
- Able to work fulltime, 40 hours per week
· Knowledge of statistical methods as applied to experimental design and process development
· Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization as needed
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to distill complex subjects to a wider audience
· Emerging partnership and collaboration skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
· High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, take initiative/self-directed
· Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability, and trust
· Consistently demonstrates innovative thinking that is customer-centric
This role offers the following Work Appropriately strategies:
- Onsite: This position requires an employee to be on-site on a full-time basis.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.