Software Engineers : Software engineers design, develop, test and architect SW for intended functionality. Vehicles have multiple SW stacks ranging from Low level SW, embedded SW, Object Oriented SW, Offboard SW (Cloud, Edge). Software Engineers utilize codes, algorithms, embedded systems, and architect software to optimize controller resources and throughput. This software will run throughout our vehicle ecosystem, so you will be able to do hands-on work that can directly affect our customers. Understanding Agile methodology.
Types of Rotational Opportunities include :
- Embedded Software Platform Engineer
- Infotainment Platform Software Development Engineer
- Infotainment Software Deployment Engineer
- Infotainment Technical Program Management
- Infotainment Software Development Quality Assurance Engineer
- Vehicle Cybersecurity
- In-Vehicle and Mobile App Developer
- Controls Design Engineer
- Software Test Engineer
- Big Data Analytics
- Quality Software Engineer
- Software Systems Integration Engineer
- Autonomous Vehicle Development Engineer
- Development Quality Assurance Engineer
- Software Emulator / Simulator tool development
Software Engineer responsibilities & desired skills (not limited to):
- Develop software that may run on vehicle controllers, mobile phones; QNX, Linux, and Android-based infotainment systems, or cloud infrastructure
- Design and develop code to meet functional requirements
- Design, develop and test feature behavior and interaction between hardware and software
- Develop test cases aligned with requirements in manual and automated test environments
- Perform data analysis and research to assess vehicle feature feasibility
- Participate in Agile and SaFe development activities
- Take part in daily stand-ups, sprint planning and iteration demos
- Pursuit of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in one of the following areas:
- Computer Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Controls Engineering
- Controls Systems Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Information Systems Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Must graduate between December 2021 and June 2023
- Ability to learn in fast paced environment and solve problems
- Prior internship experience in automotive or technology
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of Engineering Principles
- Deliver new and creative solutions to complex problems
- Elevated level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative and is proactive
- Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability, and trust
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to interpret and share content
- Collaborate with varying degrees of management and other coworkers
- Demonstrate leadership in field of study, extracurricular activities, or service organizations
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, C++, Java, etc.
- Experience in use of MATLAB/Simulink
- Demonstrated algorithm generation and connection to physical requirements
This role offers the following Work Appropriately strategies:
- Onsite: This position requires an employee to be on-site on a full-time basis.
- Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be onsite full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
- Remote: This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
The median level of the annual salary compensation for this role is $85,000 dependent upon class status and degree
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.