Are you a CGI Artist who is interested in working in one of the most exciting design centers in the world? GM Design's Global Creative Visualization (GCV) team is seeking an experienced CGI/Unreal Artist to create photorealistic animations for our most exciting cars and mobility products.
In this role, you will work with a storyboard and reference to create photorealistic broadcast/film quality projects on your own and in a team. You will work directly with vehicle studio designers and leadership pitching and selling creative ideas.
We are seeking candidates who are extremely visually creative, have excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to follow feedback/art direction with a keen attention to detail.
Applicants must be self-motivated and have current demonstrable knowledge of photorealistic cinematic Unreal pipelines as well as traditional post-production techniques, including 3d/2d integration with detailed CGI multi-pass workflows. Lighting/rendering, animation, background creation/set extension as well as proven vehicle-based animation experience are also highly valued.
Candidates must submit a demo reel that demonstrates a very high level CGI ability over varied professional production projects. Submission instructions are found below.
This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired. This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-3 times per week.
If this sounds like your next move, we'd love to hear from you! There has never been a more exciting time to join GM!
- Creation of broadcast/film quality photorealistic animation projects for automotive reveal activities.
- Subject matter expert and knowledge base for Unreal work and scripting where needed. Up to date with industry standard techniques and practice.
- Comfortable implementing R&D and creative/technical exploration.
- Work closely with Leads and Supervisor to keep projects on track, insuring all timelines and review dates are met. Integrating all feedback and insuring quality is of the highest level through self-critique.
- Interfacing directly with Studio teams to ensure the most accurate representation of Design intent.
Experience, Education and Training:
- Photorealistic Animated Examples of Unreal work.
- College degree with a major in an Art/Design based field.
- Experience (3-5+ years) in Professional VFX/Animation production.
- Maya/Vred/Nuke pipeline experience also preferred.
PORTFOLIO SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
To be considered for this position, you will need to submit a portfolio in addition to your resume and profile. We strongly recommend linking your online portfolio in the "website" section of the application as we are able to access much larger files that way. If your portfolio is not available online, please follow the instructions below to upload your portfolio as a separate attachment as you did with the resume. Please NO dropbox files or Google docs.
1. Save your portfolio as a pdf document
2. Name your portfolio your LAST NAME, FIRST NAME. Example: Candidate name is John Smith. Portfolio pdf file name is: Smith, John.pdf
3. Upload as an attachment - you may have to condense the file.
DISCLAIMER: The Works included in your Career Portfolio must not be subject to any non-disclosure and/or confidentiality agreement. If the Works in your Career Portfolio are owned by your current or former employer, or by any other Third Party, there must be an express written consent from the Owner allowing the Works to be included in your Career Portfolio for sharing with General Motors (“GM”). By sharing your Career Portfolio, you grant to GM the right to quote, paraphrase, reproduce, distribute, or otherwise use all or any portion of the Career Portfolio for purposes of making a hiring determination. By sharing your Career Portfolio, you also agree to release and discharge GM, and its licensees, successors, and assigns, from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action that you may have regarding any use of the Career Portfolio, including (but not limited to) any claims based on the right to privacy, the right to publicity, copyright, libel, defamation, or any other right.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.