About the Role:
A Global Purchasing and Supply Chain Software Engineer is delivering innovative design and outstanding code with maintainable unit and integration tests. Our developers work in agile, multi-functional, collaborative environments. All team members demonstrate GM’s Cultural Behaviors of accountability, collaboration, integrity, and inclusion.
Our software engineers are creative problem solvers involved in close interaction with the entire Scaled Agile (SAFe) scrum team, development team leaders, business team members and other members of the extended IT development team. Our role will demand a high level of design and coding to implement and deliver new systems and improvements. There will be ample opportunities to expand on your technical experience, with extensive exposure to the GM business teams and processes. Software Engineers provide leadership and technical expertise to enable multi-layered solutions that comprehend and specify business, application, data and infrastructure designs. The ideal candidate for this role will possess a passion for technology and a desire to improve our application portfolio while maintaining their continuous availability.
Applicants should have strong core coding skills and some additional technical skills and proven track record with:
- Full stack code delivery throughout the full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Agile Development Techniques
- Object Oriented analysis and design
- Database experience with a Relational Database Management Systems (Postgres, SQL, Oracle, or similar)
- Modern development patterns and platforms (Microservices, Web Services (REST), Containers, Cloud Native)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or, equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience
- Proven experience as a Software Engineer on an Agile development team and solid understanding of:
- Development methodologies (Reusable Code, Code Review, Unit Testing)
- Source control software (Git or TFS).
- CI/CD Technologies and build pipelines
Experience or knowledge with some or all of the following tools would be a plus :
- IDE including IntelliJ (Preferred) and Eclipse
- Angular (preferred) or React
- Frameworks like Spring family (including SpringBoot), Quarkus
- Linux/Unix shell scripting and/or Python
- Junit, MSUnit
- Azure DevOps and build and release pipelines
- Jenkins, Artifactory, Black Duck, SonarQube, Kafka, HashiCorp, Pulsar
- Tanzu Cloud Foundry (PCF), Weblogic, WebSphere, Kubernetes, Docker
- Scaled Agile (SAFe) Experience
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.