Our electric future is now! Factory ZERO is an automotive assembly plant at the cutting edge of product and manufacturing processes. We strive for excellence in developing and sustaining the manufacturing enablers to quickly bring to market the most advanced and innovative automotive products to date. The products being built at Factory ZERO encompass General Motors corporate vision of “Zero crashes, Zero emissions, Zero congestion.” This requires us to employ the most energetic, capable, and innovative talent to ensure we meet the challenges of developing the new manufacturing processes required to assemble amazing products.
We offer a progressive and inclusive work environment that questions the status-quo daily to strengthen our reputation of being an incubator for new manufacturing processes and automation. We value community outreach and have a strong presence in our neighborhoods. Selected candidates will have the opportunity to learn new skills as well as influencing the development of manufacturing processes to support this historical and game-changing progression to electric and autonomous vehicles.
The Launch Electrical Wiring Coordinator is the key person at Launch to get the wire harness design and manufacturing correct. Supporting the plant for electrical systems during launch phases to enable successful product launch with minimal defects at launch.
- Complete required AMEC training at various sites around GM and suppliers, travel required
- Support launch activities for a major program and travel as required:
- Participate in applicable Vehicle Systems ME led Architecture working calls for understanding new product and making plant specific assessments on issues
- Participate in virtual builds/reviews for applicable Program Virtual Assessment gates
- Identify wire harness hanking requirements for harness delivery
- Work with packaging team and deliver defect free harnesses to the plant
- Work with launch team to design harness sequence racks to deliver defect free harness to the line
- Assist in the design and buyoff of harness lift assist
- Fully understand harness suppliers build process prior to APPV builds
- Support and drive improvement methods at harness assembly plants
- Assist in training 3rd party company during launch protection plan
- Visit the wiring supplier at each batch change to perform manufacturing workshops
- Review and assess all new connection systems from a production perspective (robust, ease of use, bent pin protections, etc)
- Be the plants voice in WHA’s prior to during and after IVER
- Ensure documentation (schematics, tips, etc. ) to help with early in plant builds for repairing new product, working with the PPO Lab Check team during IV Build at PPO for identification of faults and fixes.
- Support the Electrical IRT
- Host/support In Plant Wiring Assessments (WA 4)
- Support plant readiness for MVB builds (i.e. BoO 314 Launch Aid)
- Populate the Electrical Training Boards with the new product connectors and develop training plan for plant on them.
- Ensure the JES and GSIP have matching terminology for repair and production operators by supplying standard language for core team use based on IVEDs.
- Document lessons learned for process and product improvements.
- Create actionable items from electrical failures to enable issue documentation and follow up.
- Utilizes the plant quality reporting systems (i.e. GSIP/MERS/PRTS/PRR) to identify and eliminate process / product variation.
- Utilizes the applicable plant testing systems (ie NGFTT, VAST, DVT) to improve and correlate plant electrical performance to plant warranty data.
- Support GCA
- Conduct training of vehicle electrical systems for Team Leaders so they can support their Team Members using the Electrical Training Boards, PADs, JES, TIS, etc.
- Learn new technologies associated with Global B Electrical Architecture and effectively transfer key learnings to appropriate plant team members
- Support in-process testers and work with production and engineering to eliminate defects
- Coordinate the collection of key learnings from plants launching Global B prior to your site - - Make sure they are implemented at your site
- Will report to the Lead Launch Electrical Coordinator
- Implement Electrical BoO 310
- Report out EFTQ Launch performance on a weekly basis
- Root cause analysis reports for top electrical issues for launch team
- Previous experience with automotive electrical sub-systems
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical ability
- Able to make decisions quickly with a high level of confidence\
- Must be able to continually innovate
- Minimum 3 years previous experience with automotive electrical sub-systems or wire harnesses
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing and developing manufacturing processes
- Thorough working knowledge of GMS and supporting BIQ4 Deliverables
- Fluent in Spanish
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.