Global Aftersales Immersive Project Engineer
Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
- This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-3 times per week.
General Motors is seeking a Global Aftersales Immersive Project Engineer with strong project management, visualization, and problem-solving skills. As part of the Global Aftersales Engineering team, you will analyze the latest immersive hardware and software to develop the necessary processes and alignments to support an Immersive Service environment.
In this position you will be working cross functionally with Service, Manufacturing and Product Engineering teams, as well as across regions to ensure collaboration and alignment. The ability to identify problems, develop virtual reality (VR) applications, learn service, manufacturing, and product design concepts, and adapt quickly in a fast paced, competitive industry is an essential element of this role. You will also be involved in ‘pilot’ activities with internal and external suppliers, to implement and scale successful solutions related to Immersive Technologies.
You will be a great fit for this role if you can empathize with our internal and external partners, translate their needs into requirements, and provide immersive solutions that resolve their problems. You will need to have a passion for developing strategies and working with new technology. Creative thinking, stamina for developing solutions, and personal drive for success are required traits for this role. You will have to work strategically to select the best alternatives for each of these subsystems and work tactically to resolve compatibility issues and create a working solution. You must enjoy working as a Team while also taking accountability to persevere through sophisticated problems and deliver results. Due to the innovative nature of this work, you will need to anticipate setbacks, apply takeaways, implement development project deliverables on time, inform partners and leadership on project status, and aims to getting results while doing it with integrity.
Principle Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Collaborate with Service, Manufacturing and Product Engineering teams to understand their future directions, requirements, and use-cases
- Analyze data from existing processes, identify priority problems, and develop solution alternatives
- Use CAD and visualization software to develop virtual proof-of-concepts to demonstrate viability
- Develop, iterate, and refine the solution until our needs are achieved
- Apply Practical Problem-solving principles to test and gather feedback on your solution enabling data-driven decision making
- Apply project management skills to clearly articulate the problem you are trying to solve, organize the basic tasks needed to complete the project and anticipate/raise issues before they become a major problem
- Demonstrate your solution by quantifying its benefit, cost, and effectiveness
- Investigate future hardware and software to ensure the Immersive tools remain useful
- Investigate and recommend potential off the shelf solutions that make a strong argument in lieu of internal development
- Learn and leverage GMIT standards to enable continued use of these tools, and future integration of these tools with GM’s IT platform
- Pursue additional training to learn and apply the latest Immersive hardware and software packages
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in one or more of the following:
- Engineering or Automotive Technology or Equivalent
- Digital Graphic Design, 3D Art or Equivalent
- Game Design, Media Arts or Equivalent
- Skilled at working effectively with others at all levels of the organization and across global regions
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Self-starter capable of working independently and as a member of a team
- Capability of managing a variety of responsibilities simultaneously
- Quantitative and analytical skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated accountability for results
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills
Desired Skills and Abilities
- 3D math and visualization skills (CAD, modeling, rigging, animation)
- Working knowledge of Virtual Reality hardware (Headsets, Tracking, Peripherals)
- Working knowledge of Virtual Reality software
- Knowledge of manufacturing, vehicle development process, design changes, immersive/virtual engineering systems
- Solid understanding of automotive service practices and procedures
- Demonstrated GM dealership or field experience
- Hands on experience in automotive diagnosis and repair
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work optimally with others
- Experienced in using Virtual, Augmented, Mixed Reality systems
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.