Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
- Be a member of the Global Electrical Launch Standards Team – an integrated, technical organization consisting of members of various backgrounds across Manufacturing, Quality, Supplier Quality and Product Development focusing on electrical launch performance in order to inspire customer confidence in GM’s vehicle
- Develop best practices for virtual reviews and vehicle builds
- Work with various teams to drive Manufacturing needs for virtual review/build development
- Facilitate the communication and sharing of electrical manufacturing best practices in relation to virtual review/build to all GM manufacturing plants
- Benchmark new AR/VR technologies
- Work overtime and travel as needed (20% or more)
- Assist in rollout and drive implementation of the Electrical Bill of Operations using a high level of standardization in all elements and training/coaching plant electrical team members (salary, hourly, and managers)
- Contribute expertise to the GM Automotive Manufacturing Electrical College (AMEC) curriculum development and teaching
- Help develop creative ideas to improve electrical launch execution, leading OpEx projects where needed
- Support emerging issues as the voice of electrical manufacturing
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, particularly to translate highly complex technical issues to non-technical people and Senior Leadership
- Self-motivated and innovative
- Strong analytical ability to make difficult decisions and solve complex/unusual problems
- Ability to make decisions quickly with a high level of confidence
- Understanding of Virtual Technologies
- Manufacturing-related experience, particularly involving vehicle electrical systems manufacturing processes
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.