Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site based on business needs.
Lead and manage strategic security initiatives and direction for Global Technology Operations (GTO). GTO is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Motors (GM) and is responsible for Automotive Intellectual Property (IP) Management and Protection. This position protects GM by monitoring and responding to “out of the norm” data access and provides IP Security Subject Matter Expertise (SME) advisement. The GSAS is responsible for identifying, evaluating, and reporting on information security risks in a manner that meets compliance and regulatory requirements. GSAS works strategically to help the business areas ensure Intellectual Property alignment to cyber and risk avoidance protocols within the GM enterprise. If you are an accomplished security professional who is an experienced leader with sound knowledge of team management, engineering product development, or information security technologies, this role is for you. GSAS will proactively work with stakeholders across the company to implement practices that meet defined policies and standards. The GSAS lead will also help to define and oversee a variety of business security risk management activities. The ideal candidate works at a high level with independent judgment.
Serve as Global Math Data Policy Owner
- Set global rules and exceptions to protect CAD/CAM data from unsupported external release or internal exposure within GM.
- Enable proper CAD CAM data storage and handling by providing info/training to the business.
- Advise on identification, documentation, and traceability of access, storage, & transfer of Math
- Identify, resolve, or escalate unsupported CAD CAM data storage or handling concerns from business users, customers, and Risk Assurance teams
Perform Security Analysis & IP Risk Assessments:
- Provide GTO strategic position for development or enablement of IT security required to support internal and third-party partnerships that ensures process consistency and minimize policy conflicts through proper data governance and policy adherence.
- Serve as GTO acknowledged authority for cross functional IP Protection engagements across GM Business and IT. May provide tactical direction as it relates to systems, tools, and approaches.
- Perform analysis of security needs and recommend direction that is consistent with corporate policies & standards in compliance with GTO principles to mitigate risk
Manage Daily Security Operations:
- Promote information security awareness and sound practices throughout GM
- Enforce information security policies by providing approved solutions
- Verify/resolve non-compliances or out of norm activity via audit, escalation, or exception.
- Resolve GTO standard audits for access to GM systems concerns
- Resolve Acceptable Use Practice (AUP) request/access concerns
- Resolve issues related to information stored in unapproved locations
- Resolve GM data storage systems permissions vulnerabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Information Security & Risk Management, or similar scientific discipline
- 5+ years of experience of Engineering experience or related industry
- 5+ years working on Cross-Functional Initiatives as a team member or Project Lead
- Analytical problem-solving capabilities for problems which are unusual or difficult
- Effective communication (written/oral) and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- High level of personal integrity, as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters, and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- Masters’ Degree in Engineering, Information Systems, or similar scientific discipline with demonstrated experience in Intellectual Property, Cybersecurity, Information Security Risk Management, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years Program or Project Management Experience
- Experience establishing and executing Intellectual Property Governance & Risk
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) Black Belt Certification
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.