As a leader in Supply Chain, you will be responsible for managing and leading a team in one of the key areas within the Global Supply Chain Organization: manufacturing/ warehouse operations, supply chain system, and processes, launch execution and scheduling and material management. Position will be responsible for developing operational plans or new processes, in support of the organization’s business strategies with a direct impact on the organization's overall business results. Lead a team and provide employee development, training, and drive the performance management process as well as manage an efficient organizational structure.
Executes deliverables in support of the supply chain organization's business objectives. Guides of one of the key areas within the Global Supply Chain to ensure business objectives are met or exceeded in all areas including customer, quality, service, responsiveness, people, product and financial initiatives.
Position communicates to all levels of the organization, within the function as well as other functions and suppliers Position is responsible for supporting relationship management with logistic suppliers and service providers
- Ability to understand and assess complex supply chain issues and lead teams in a cross functional environment to successfully resolve issues minimizing impacts to vehicle production
- Assess supplier schedules and impact on vehicle assembly production.
- Collaborate cross functionally to develop creative solutions.
- Ability to summarize critical issues with resolutions and communicate to leadership
- Handle very complex capacity constraint issues to resolution with goal to eliminate potential plant disruptions and reduce premium transportation.
- Analyze metrics supporting supplier critical issues or sufficiency plan resolution.
- Ability to be flexible and at times work extended and non-core hours to ensure issues are worked to resolution.
- Ability to travel to plant locations when required for onsite support of launch and build-out
- Ability to problem tackle complete issues and implement new and innovative strategies.
- Deep understanding of Supply Chain functions
- 10+ years of manufacturing experience
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Strong knowledge of material department operation; manufacturing processes and relationships
- Solid understanding of material flow and requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of unit scheduling and inventory control systems, unit products
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong knowledge of GMS with demonstrated ability to implement and apply GMS principles
- High level of analytical ability where problems are often complex
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate employees, and elicit work output
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.