Global Supply Chain GEPICS / SYSTEMS OPERATION COORDINATOR
The successful candidate will be employed at a fast-paced, world-class automotive component and assembly complex. Responsible for vehicle production order management, bill of material broadcast accuracy, and GEPICS system material coordination. Position requires strong computer/systems aptitude and interface with a cross-functional team of stakeholders.
- Maintain Vehicle Order Processing
- Verify vehicle orders to meet plant and supply constraints
- Develop plant order sequences and initiate start of production process
- Update daily information for Vehicle Manager’s Report
- Process scrap jobs and coordinates restart of the builds; create and communicate dummy orders for internal customer needs (weld checks, dimensional verification, etc)
- Assign, modify and remove “hold” codes on vehicles due to special circumstances
- Run search and find request screens for production, yard campaigns, broadcast changes, etc
- Set up and maintain family address codes and statements in MGO
- Create and maintain profiles and formats for build documents, run sheets, manifest, or PLC's
- Maintain tables that facilitate information interaction with other production systems
- Work reports designated for maintenance of broadcast accuracy
- Coordinate and maintain printer and equipment functionality with maintenance and IT
- Maintain broadcast statements for build documents in the MGO & GEPICS systems
- Monitor & update communication regarding production changes and interruptions with Production Teams, nearby 3rd Party operations and suppliers
- Create MISC Reports in GEPICS (Order List, Matrix, Production Figure)
- Process MGO No Hit/Multi Hit report for family address assignments
- Write and verify GEPICS scripts for engineering part changes
- Apply temporary engineering change work orders (TCR’s) to broadcast codes as required
- Work with local central office to correct errors in non broadcast parts (specification groups)
- Create, monitor, modify, or delete broadcast codes for manifest changes per production build and part engineering changes
- Maintain Lean Material System data base for part changes and model years
- Develop and maintain Lean Material System kit cell manifests
- Subject Matter Expert for Lean Material Systems and training of 3rd Party
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and strong leadership skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Extremely high level of analytical ability where problems are very unusual and extremely difficult
- Ability to use standard business applications software and/or specialized data analysis tools. Strong proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple functions including Quality, Engineering, Supply Chain, plant floor and hourly employees. This includes both written & verbal communication.
- Ability to work independently with initiative to achieve personal and company goals.
- Prior Experience with interpreting GM engineering specifications and part usages
- Knowledge and/or experience in the GM MRP systems, MGO A and MGO C
- GM Lean Manufacturing Strategy knowledge and implementation experience
- Basic understanding of Manufacturing Processes
- Appropriate interpersonal skills to work effectively with the plant’s business partners, union workforce and supply base.
- Knowledge of and coaching experiences in Global Manufacturing Systems (GMS).
- Ability to establish goals and objectives to complete projects effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to effectively assess and implement continuous improvement techniques to quality and manufacturing functions.
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, call 866-583-8151 or email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.