Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
Project and Program Management teams are responsible for the delivery of the output/product of the program, which will involve managing a portfolio of projects and programs. Coordinate the teams who are working on the various projects.
- Responsible for ensuring that all business deliverables are identified and accounted for in the project plan with
- responsibility and due dates
- Continuously monitor and report on project status
- Run the identification, documentation, and traceability of business requirements
- Investigate and document complex business processes
- Prepare presentations for various levels of leadership
- Coordinate the input and approval of various project design and decision documents
- Provide guidance and support during execution of change management activities
- Developing tracking scorecards and metrics to illustrate status and ownership.
- Developing milestone reviews for the key milestones and ensures the team is on track to deliver.
- Track business resources and identify any shortages based on project plans
- Align cross-functional business and technical teams to help ensure alignment of goals and to help resolve conflicting priorities.
- Assist Workstream Leaders in handling multiple efforts simultaneously across a broad range of functions, business and organizational units
- Monitor project progress and consolidate status reports
- Gain an understanding of program workstreams/projects to be able to assist in identification of issues and risks
The Global Telecom, End-User Solutions and Infrastructure (GTEUSI) Project Manager will be part of the Horizontal Services organization, managing multiple projects on the GTEUSI Plan of Record (PoR). The project manager is expected to follow GM's standard methodologies and processes. The role has accountability for the projects during all phases and will require the elicitation of requirements, risks and issues with assigned projects.
- Defines project scope, budget/cost benefit analysis, charter, and deliverables in support of business goals and work with senior leadership and stakeholders for approvals
- Ensures that projects are completed on time and meet all business and system requirements.
- Conducts all project management tasks to ensure schedule, cost, and quality goals are met
- Develops project plans, financial forecasts, schedules, and work breakdown structure for projects
- Communicates project status, progress on deliverables, and risks/issues to stakeholders and leadership in a timely manner
- Ensures compliance with project deliverables, risk management plan, and project financial accounting
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project, PPM and TFS
- PMP certified
- Prior experience in the deployment of End User and/or Telecom Services:
- Enterprise Documentation & Collaboration Systems: SharePoint, Microsoft Office O365, Outlook, Teams, Whiteboard
- Core Networking & Voice Services: WAN, LAN, WLAN, SIP, IPT
- Video & Collaboration Technologies: Video Conferencing, Digital Signage, Skype
- Contact Center: IVR, CTI, WFM, CQM
- Security: Intrusion Protection, Network Security Monitoring
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.