Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
The primary role of the Hybrid Cloud Architect is to accelerate the implementation and adoption of a hybrid cloud model. This includes working with the current infrastructure and application architects to evolve the IT landscape to enable both on-prem and cloud deployment. Additionally, to enable a developer experience that’s highly efficient and common across the various landscapes. The role also includes the evaluation of commercial hyper converged products from various hardware suppliers and their capability to support GM applications.
- Build, communicate, and implement reference architectures for advanced PaaS solutions
- Collaborate and lead teams to build CI/CD pipelines and create a culture of Continuous Improvement
- Continuously learn and be at the leading edge of cloud technologies
- Lead iteration planning
- Lead daily standup meetings across one or many projects, keeping the ritual brief and productive
- Prepare for and facilitate agile inceptions
- Lead and participate in Spike efforts (POC)
- Enable, mentor and lead customers across varied levels of understanding, through process
- Work collaboratively on multiple initiatives, maintaining backlogs, driving feature completion, reporting to senior management on progress and prioritization
- Work with Engineering during the development, launch and continuing evolution of the platform and integrated marketplace services
- Become an agent of change within customer organizations
- 5+ years’ experience with release management and production operations
- 3+ years’ experience building distributed / service oriented / microservice-style and cloud-based application architectures
- 3+ years’ experience in an agile coaching/mentoring role
- 5+ years of software delivery experience, working on or leading agile development teams (ideally using Scrum or Kanban)
- 2+ years’ experience with Spring, Spring Security, Spring MVC, Spring Integration, Spring Data
- Master level experience with a platform as a service product such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk, or similar
- 3+ years’ experience with Chef, Puppet, Ansible, BOSH, or related automation / orchestration tools
- 5+ years VMware vSphere / ESXi / ESX experience
- 3+ years’ experience with cloud services Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud experience
- 3+ years’ experience with systems monitoring, alerting and analytics (Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, Dynatrace, NewRelic, AppDynamics, Splunk, vROPS, LogInsight, etc.)
- 3+ years’ experience with CI/CD tooling such as bitbucket, jFrog Artifactory, Jenkins, Concourse, and CARA
- 3+ years’ experience with IAM integration including SSO, LDAP, and AD integration
- Expert level knowledge of cloud security systems and issues
- Consistent track record of excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to simplify and present complex technical ideas to multiple audiences (including CIO level)
- Ability to see and present "the big picture" and other solutions to make it better
- Ability to facilitate project inceptions, daily standups, iteration planning and retrospectives across multiple initiatives in parallel
- Experience with production systems and dealing with production issues
- Expert knowledge of Linux / Unix systems
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.