The Business Analyst will collaborate with business and technical teams to on-board GM Customer magic moments. Magic Moments are meaningful experiences that delight our customers by providing intuitive and personalized interactions at just the right time. Two critical components of the role are to digest customer experience in each interaction and communicate the intent to each respective team.
- Translate customer interactions into business flows, data and metadata requirements.
- Enable strategic and operational decisions by delivering data driven insights that "tell the story."
- Assist in the creation of strategy, roadmap, critical metric definition, reporting and dashboards.
- Support analytical projects from conception to completion with high velocity and quality, while being cognizant of status, roadblocks, and pace throughout; advance as needed to ensure success and timely delivery to business partners.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or equivalent work experience; secondary degree in Public Communications or similar preferred.
- Proficient communication and storytelling skills.
- Agile experience in a multi-vendor environment, backlog grooming and planning in Microsoft ADO/TFS
- 3+ years of experience creating customer journeys, influencing decisions by turning raw data into compelling stories.
- Ability to develop & manage relationships as the primary liaison with business partners/leaders on sophisticated data and analytics projects and cross-functional collaboration to ensure project success.
- Strong business domain knowledge - customer experience, contact center performance, business analytics, sales/marketing analytics and the ability to ramp up on new domains and business needs quickly.
Compensation: The median level of salary compensation for this role is $80,000.
Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.