- Provide expertise in the area of Ethernet communication
- Generate and publish specifications for both internal and external users
- Work with content owners to define functional requirements that will be deployed in an Ethernet environment
- Model all aspects of the network in GM’s AUTOSAR Network Design Tool chain
- Support content owners with training and general support
- Support DRE’s with supplier reviews
- Lead and/or support troubleshooting of issues on benches and vehicles
- Participate in reviews to ensure requirements and guidelines are being met
- Work with other team members to define Ethernet communication details
- Participate in Ethernet standards development within industry forums such as IEEE
- Bachelors of Electrical, Computer, or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 2 + years of experience developing Ethernet communication systems
- Understanding of software/hardware design and their failure modes
- Understanding of engineering theory and operation principles of mechanical/electrical mechanisms
- Masters of Electrical, Computer, or Software Engineering
- 5 years of automotive experience
- Experience working within industry standard forums
- Experience using network design tools for defining Ethernet communication (Vector PREEvision and Mentor Volcano)
- Knowledge of AUTOSAR software concepts and implementation
- In-depth knowledge of requirements engineering process (FMEA, Preliminary Hazard analysis)
- DFSS training
- Knowledge of vehicle electrical systems
- Knowledge and experience with serial data test tools and oscilloscopes
- Proven history of troubleshooting capability
- Thorough knowledge of design, development, and test engineering, manufacturing, and assembly operations, engineering processes, and procedures
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.