- Industrial Engineer will work directly with production in implementing lean manufacturing systems. They will analyze throughput data to help departments improve performance. They will be responsible to handle standardized work for future products alongside the core team and help to launch extraordinary products. In steady state, they will drive continuous improvement projects.
- Drive Industrial Engineering common business practices and processes. Support IE reporting requirements
- Develop and implement standardized work, cycle time information, ergonomic processes, and area layouts to optimize manpower and job setup efficiency.
- Develop manpower plans and budgets in coordination with finance organization
- Interface with different disciplines of the organization to resolve problems.
- Analyze data to support throughput improvement initiatives and the Stamping Harbour Index
- Coordinate IE deliverables to meet launch timing and metrics, implement countermeasures as appropriate.
- Direct improvements to the elimination of waste for quality, scrap, stock reduction, energy, safety, equipment, material, space savings and process efficiency.
- Support GMS implementation; act as a subject matter expert and catalyst for fully effective GMS
- Coach plant personnel regarding GMS strategies by coordinating and conducting training sessions and leading/participating in Basketweave teams
- Lead OpEx projects in various disciplines to support overall improvement
- Required: Industrial Engineering or Business Management degree or equivalent work experience .
Required Candidate Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in IE, GMS, and plant manufacturing.
- Knowledge of Stamping Manufacturing operations
- Knowledge of Industrial Engineering skills and techniques- Standard Time Data System, Time Study Analysis, Ergonomic requirements
- Good knowledge of GMS principles and experience in GMS implementation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communicate with diverse individuals and all level of management and personnel.
- Strong leader and motivator of peers and co-workers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Access
- Stamping TPD / GPM&C and throughput data analysis
- AutoCad experience preferred
- OpEx Trained
- High level of analytic, organization, and planning ability
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.