Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
Looking for an experienced Solutions Architect who is enthusiastic and passionate about architecture to be part of our Strategy Planning & Architecture (SPA) group supporting FGCF initiatives. Our group supports solution, data and security architecture across the enterprise along with portfolio planning for Finance, GBS and Corporate Functions organizations. FGCF has a diverse application landscape with various COTS, SaaS & custom-built solutions. As a Solutions Architect, you will be responsible for providing strategic direction, expert guidance, and SME knowledge in supporting various projects.
- The Solutions Architect is responsible and accountable for the quality and cohesion of solution architecture components within an assigned domain and their conformance to approved GM IT standards and alignment with the future state enterprise and domain architectural goals
- A Solutions Architect should be able to look across the assigned domain to ensure consistent alignment of technical solutions with the business goals and objectives of the supported unit
- Capable of providing industry leading technical direction and mentorship to various project teams to ensure appropriate and cost-effective application of GM approved technologies. They also ensure appropriate and effective data integration between multiple applications.
- Responsible for synthesizing functional as well as nonfunctional requirements, security requirements, data classifications, evaluate implementation feasibility and able to ask relevant questions to clarify needs
- Responsible for defining solution architecture to include evaluation, selection and integration of necessary technical components that realize the defined functional, non-functional and security requirements. Strong emphasis on effective communication, ability to socialize and develop consensus
- Ability to comprehend established IT standards, leverage approved technology stack to define architecture and obtain necessary design approvals through delivery phases. Address operational challenges including patches to keep software secure and current
- Assist in the transformation of FGCF Systems to align with established Technology Standards, differential analysis, forecast remediation plan, collaborate with stakeholders to attain compliance
- Identify and evaluate new software needed to deliver and/or manage the applications through the enterprise review process as needed, to establish new GM standards
- Utilizing a strong knowledge of application development, able to design new applications and clearly communicate to developers. Able to use knowledge of microservice and cloud native designs to specify modern applications for development.
- Capable of managing all technical aspects of large enterprise projects including the specification of code, infrastructure platforms, networks, load balancers, firewalls, databases, interpreting load and functional testing results incorporated of a systems design. Capable of leading troubleshooting teams as needed.
- A good understanding of all aspects of Security, able to work with the security teams to ensure all solutions meet industry leading levels of compliance
- Ability to identify technical debt, document deviations and propose remediation
- Ability to lead and develop independently Proof of Concept solutions to validate the architecture principles and assess the integration risks
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or, equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience
- At least 5 years of experience designing and supporting enterprise IT systems
- Experienced based knowledge and ability to apply the principles of application or infrastructure architectures, including the distinction between contextual, conceptual, logical and physical layers and considering distributed architecture design patterns
- Understanding and expertise assessing application security risks, designing secure applications and applying code remediation techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions
- Creative problem-solving skills that deliver elegant solutions to complex issues
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.