Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
This is a Business Intelligence & Reporting lead position for the team that supports Customer Care Aftersales & Warranty business across these domains: Warranty, Warehousing, Supply Chain, Service Engineering and Finance. The candidate is expected to have advanced working knowledge of industry standard tools such as SQL, Power BI and Cognos, and experience in other related technologies such as Oracle, Hadoop, Greenplum, and HIVE.
The position requires partnering with business and IT and business stakeholders to comprehend, design, and lead the team through the delivery of appropriate reports, dashboards, and other analytical solutions.
- Lead a team of 8-10+ Report Developers across 3-5+ active projects
- Support analytical projects from conception to completion with high velocity and quality, communicate status to stakeholders, work with the team to remove roadblocks, and escalate to executive staff as required.
- Engage in roadmap planning and project sizing by reviewing charters and estimating the required BI workload and project timeline
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements and implement appropriate BI solutions
- Understand & research the limitations of BI tools to ensure the best tool is used for each project
- 25-50% hands on work to develop and deploy visualizations with industry leading BI tools, using Power BI, Cognos. Also involved in hands on work to move and store data: SQL, DataStage, Oracle, Greenplum, HIVE.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related discipline; OR equivalent professional experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical teams to on-time project delivery.
- Extensive knowledge of BI Tools (Power BI, Cognos)
- Strong applied knowledge of data, transformation and analysis using varying techniques
- Ability to work with technical stakeholders and design scalable BI solutions that fit the business need.
- Comfortable with managing priorities and delegating
- Thrive in a collaborative atmosphere and believe in the power of innovation through differing viewpoints
- Experience navigating complex domains with large amounts of data
- Strong knowledge of Customer Care & Aftersales data and business domains including Warranty, Warehousing, Supply Chain, Service Engineering and Finance
- Expert creating different visualizations using Slicers, Lines, Pies, Histograms, Maps, Scatter, Bullets, Heat Maps, Tree maps, etc.
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Greenplum, and Oracle
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.