This is a Hybrid position within our IT Organization. The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to commute to the innovation center to which they are assigned as their primary GM facility. Relocation may be provided.
As Project Manager within the CORE HR team you will be responsible for the de
livery of the output/product of the program in Compensation/Benefits, which will involve providing day to day delivery management and process guidance on project activities associated with large-scale, complex development/deployment projects, usually involving Workday. The Project Manager will guide a team of architects, Workday Configurators and Integrators, developers, requirements analysts, and testers through the development process. From the initiation of the project construct phase, the role will interface with various GM teams to drive the system development process through to deployment. This challenging role will motivate team members to create the system design, implement code, test the changes, and walk the project through release. Creativity, drive, and initiative are imperative to the success of the Project Manager role
- Manages large scale IT projects from beginning to end with the ability to apply basic project management knowledge to solve business issues and cross-functional coordination.
- Defines project scope, charter, goals and deliverables in support of business goals and works with senior leadership and stakeholders for approvals
- Ensures that projects are completed on time and meet all business and system requirements. Conducts all project management tasks to ensure schedule, cost, and quality goals are met.
- Leverages the expertise of development teams to ensure project scope is well documented and managed properly throughout the delivery cycle of the project
- Develops project plans, schedule and work breakdown structure for projects
- Communicates project status, progress on deliverables, and risks/issues to stakeholders and leadership in a timely manner
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams including architects, software engineers, developers and technical leads to ensure timely delivery of projects
- Interacts with GMIT extended teams to procure necessary infrastructure and tools in a timely manner
- Identifies and resolves issues/conflicts within the project team
- Ensures adherence to GM's system delivery process guidelines and provides early feedback to project teams to take proactive measures to resolve the issues
- Adheres to change management processes during the project lifecycle
- Responsible for ensuring that all business deliverables are identified and accounted for in the project plan with responsibility and due dates
- Manage the identification, documentation, and traceability of business requirements
- Investigate and document complex business processes
- Coordinate the input and approval of various project design and decision documents
- Provide guidance and support during execution of change management activities
- Developing milestone reviews for the key milestones and ensures the team is on track to deliver.
- Track business resources and identify any shortages based on project plans
- Align cross-functional business and technical teams to help ensure alignment of goals and to help resolve conflicting priorities.
- Assist Workstream Leaders in managing multiple efforts simultaneously across a broad range of functions, business and organizational units
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to create detailed, well-written documentation for a variety of audiences.
- Strong understanding of all phases of the application development lifecycle
- Bachelors' degree (technical discipline preferred) and/or equivalent combination of education, certification, and experience
- 5+ years of experience overall
- Strong proficiency with MS Project and Office suite
- Experience with HP Program and Project Management (PPM) software and TFS / AzureDevOps
- Experience in managing projects leveraging different software development methodologies, specifically Agile
- PMP certification
- Familiarity with workday
- Familiarity with GM systems to manage requirements, testing, releases and deployments
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.