What Is GM's Infotainment & Connectivity All About?
The Infotainment & Connectivity organization develops the technologies enabling a new generation of groundbreaking connected vehicles worldwide. We place our customers at the center of everything we do, by creating vehicles that move humanity toward GM’s vision. The capabilities of our infotainment systems are the key link between the vehicle and it’s occupants.
- Advancing the sophistication of vehicle infotainment systems in both functionality and design.
- Developing appealing intuitive systems in an Agile/SAFe environment.
- Wowing the customer visually & audibly by augmenting driver awareness, improving occupant safety, and elevating the traveler experience.
- Using digital data to enable smarter car sharing programs and provide secure over-the-air offerings.
Why Join GM's Infotainment & Connectivity Team?
We are revolutionizing the vehicle driving experience! Our inclusive team, is made up of forward-thinking Engineers who develop innovative hardware and software solutions where new insights are embraced. Our connected vehicles are the new frontier and the race is on to deliver engaging, meaningful infotainment and in-vehicle experiences.
- Providing secure connectivity that bridges the vehicle with the rest of the world.
- Designing the hardware electronics and communication protocols that enable the features and services generated by our groundbreaking Ultify platform.
- Bringing studio designs visions to life by leading the development of the vehicle’s customer facing components; from the interactive displays, to virtual controls to media content enjoyed in the cockpit of car.
- Enable today’s vehicle owners to bring their digital ecosystem along for the ride thru software developed in-house that that bridges the technology provided by phone and media providers for the next generation in-vehicle experience.
What You Do:
- Proactively coordinate technical efforts of multiple engineering teams & third-party vendors, defining the project objectives, and oversee quality process throughout its life cycle
- Define and document system level issues between components of the subsystem
- Review test logs to determine where subsystem issues reside
- Coordinate system software releases to other development groups within the company
- Run integration meetings, create minutes, create and track action item lists
- Solve Captured Test Fleet issues
- Direct and manage feature development from feature implementation phase to launch
- Define scope and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with stakeholders
- Effectively communicate project expectations to stakeholders in a timely and concise fashion
- Conduct/participate in domain PDTs or Scrum team meetings
- Spearhead tasks and responsibilities to appropriate engineering teams
- Identify and resolve conflicts within the project, project dependencies and critical path
- Track project milestones and deliverables
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations
- Figure out frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and solve problem areas
- Proactively lead changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle
- Travel as needed to support suppliers
What You Need:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Computer Science or related degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in electronic components, infotainment software engineering or vehicle launch experience
- Understanding of current infotainment technologies
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with local and global team members to solve problems and resolve issues
- Ability to lead multiple complex projects / assignments with a high degree of autonomy and accountability for results
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.