Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired. This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-3 days per week.
Vehicle Infotainment Systems are a rapidly developing area of automotive engineering. The Software Defined Vehicle (SDV) is the new vehicle intelligence platform that will underpin all our future innovations across a wide range of technological advancements, including intuitive infotainment systems that enhance the traveler experience. The Infotainment Subsystem Feature Integration Test Engineer is responsible for developing and executing interface tests (manual, automation, and vehicle) for the Connected infotainment subsystem. The selected candidate will play a critical role to ensure connected integrated software is delivered to GM validation organization on time and with quality.
Understand the detailed operation of infotainment features across multiple ECUs at the deepest level.
Verify operation of Infotainment features that function on ECU/module interfaces such as CAN, Ethernet, LIN. Work is performed well in advance of validation timeline.
Able to use the following tools: Fire2, Giga Star, Rad Supermoon, Supermoon, JMB, etc as needed to collect logs.
Acquire and analyze data logs in detail such as Automotive Ethernet, A2B, CAN, and LIN for root cause identification.
Work directly with suppliers to develop, test and integrate interfaces and features that use them.
Understand system configurations and develop optimal combinations for development and integration test.
Create and run automation scripts for assign feature(s) to optimize system feature stability
Identify and communicate tasks to complete integration work ahead of time
Support software development re-spin activities
Stays ahead of current product developments and trends in area of responsibility
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related technical degree
- Minimum of 2 years of engineering experience working with infotainment, telematics or vehicle controls systems engineering
- Demonstrated hands-on validation or development experience with automotive electrical interfaces – CAN, LIN, EAVB, A2B, USB, LVDS
- Ability to do hands-on work such as soldering, ECU flashing, vehicle updates, component removal/installation
- Demonstrated knowledge of wireless communications protocols including Wi-Fi, Cellular, NFC
- Detailed knowledge of packet data communication, SMS, TCP/IP/IPV4 & IPV6
- Understands appropriate systems engineering methods with emphasis on product integrity/safety
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.