About OnStar Insurance
GM has the largest connected vehicle fleet worldwide. In the US alone, there are currently 9M+ connected GM vehicles on the road and that number is projected to triple in the next 10 years. More than that, the OnStar system currently has access to over 900 data points from the vehicle. This surge in information about vehicles and how they are driven can revolutionize auto insurance. In 2020, GM launched OnStar Insurance to bring a fairer, personalized auto insurance experience to GM vehicle owners built on this unmatched data and GM’s overall ecosystem. In 2021, we have grown to a nearly nationwide product live in market and continue to grow.
About the role:
The Operations Strategist position will support OnStar Insurance leadership and the organization at various levels. The role of the Operations Strategist is to plan and execute several initiatives across the organization in coordination with OSI leadership, existing team members, and cross-functionally between GM and GMF. The successful candidate will have a passion for organizational culture and change management, with an ability to partner across the organization to recognize opportunities for engagement, roadblocks to adoption and minimize resistance.
Specifically, the Operations Strategist will be responsible to:
- Lead the OSI Employee Engagement team activity and manage annual budget for the group
- Coordinate/facilitate host for All Team meetings and other organization-wide activities
- Support/improve the OSI employee onboarding experience
- Manage distribution/flow of information for organization-wide initiatives
- Drive Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives across
- Leverage technology-based solutions for record keeping and management
- Support the communication of key objectives and strategies (change management) at various levels within the organization
- Data analysis and insights from employee related surveys (leadership speaker series, workplace of choice, etc)
- Process establishment and improvement
- Multifaceted and unique administrative duties:
- Calendar/schedule management
- Report/presentation preparation
- Complex meeting administration, which may include the coordination of internal and external special events
QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
A Successful candidate will have the following qualifications and characteristics:
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with various organizational levels
- Strong planning, project management, administrative, and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Experience with presenting, coordinating, and organizing meetings or workshops
- Proactive with ability to work independently and as part of a team -- making informed decisions in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to manage time efficiently and meet deadlines, proven ability to multi-task
- Flexibility: ability to deal with changing priorities
- Passion for organizational culture and collaborative mindset
- Strong focus on Be Inclusive, Act with Integrity and It’s on Me behaviors
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.