General Motor's Design Fabrication Engineering team is looking for an Electrical Integration Engineer needed to implement electrical systems in the exciting, fast paced field of advanced vehicle development. You will work with Concept Vehicles, Technology Integration Vehicles, Advanced Technology Work, and Proof of Concepts. Qualified candidates should have knowledge of advanced lighting technology, video integration and electric propulsion systems. In addition, the candidate should be able to integrate and write GM LAN messages for gateway communication modules as needed . This is technical work, but independent judgement and creative initiative are needed to be successful in this role. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
- Coordinate electrical wiring interface for Advanced Vehicle Projects
- Engage the functional engineering groups to obtain electrical mechanizations and schematics and understand subsystem functionality.
- Provide electrical engineering support during the build and electrical trouble shooting processes.
- Document and resolve issues during the design, build and troubleshooting processes.
- Provide gateway modules and write messaging (code) to support the communications relative to CAN bus.
- Design, develop and verify electrical wiring harnesses for Advanced Vehicle Projects
- Provide harness build direction and routing information to both the harness fab shop and build floor.
- Self-starter with the ability to work effectively independently or with a team.
- Maintain awareness of quality standards, communicate department quality goals and use resources to solve quality problems
- Build and maintain good working relationships with Shop, Project Management, and Studio Personnel
- Communicate between shifts, and other departments to implement excellent standards, resolve problems and sustain consistent performance to objectives
- Knowledge of specialty/concept vehicle build and fabrication practices
- Willingness to innovate and take measured risks
- Monitor quality control and build schedule
- Meet all timing, quality and cost requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience (Master's preferred)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a related field (5+ years preferred)
- Demonstrable evidence of creative capability (in professional or other contexts)
- Fabrication, craft, or shop build experience (professional or otherwise)
- Ability to thrive in an environment of high ambiguity and frequent change
- Project management skills – including development maintenance of project timelines and identification of critical-path activities
- Demonstrate high level of interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with others in face to face and group situations.
- Analytical ability to solve complex problems
- Knowledge of CAD systems
- Knowledge of fabrication processes, including equipment and materials.
- Knowledge of programming languages
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.