We believe work-life balance is essential to a team member’s success and job satisfaction. This role follows the Hybrid Work Appropriately model and allows work flexibility to ensure our diverse team has good work-life integration. This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired. This position requires an employee to be onsite every other week (Depending on your current projects/business need).
As we move towards our ZERO ZERO ZERO vision for the future, we are looking to add a hardworking individual to our diverse team as the IT business projects lead for global validation.
The global validation IT business projects lead engineer is responsible for developing the road map, portfolio, and strategy for validation IT projects. Engineer in this role have the opportunity to coordinate with multi-functional validation teams and SMEs to understand the requirements of IT projects for global validation. This role requires understanding of different aspects of the validation functions. We are looking for engineers with broad technical knowledge, training and understanding combined with creative, independent thinking and conceptual ability to relate work performed within broader technical and business context.
Lead organization wide IT projects to enable validation teams to be more efficient and streamlined in their daily work/tasks.
- Work closely with the IT teams and validation leads to establish data and storage requirements for different validation functions to enable Power BI reporting.
- Lead and work with different validation domains to initiate required business projects to meet validation needs and objectives.
- Collaborate to ensure alignment among different validation teams and process owners to establish common requirements for different IT projects.
- Work with other organizations and IT to eliminate any duplicate projects and leverage existing projects from other areas.
- Define and lead requirements and development of different IT projects to meet validation business objectives.
- Create users group including SME’s for each validation IT project and lead user group meeting to define features and user stories for IT projects.
- Develop User Acceptance Test (UAT) cases, manage UAT events, capture and document UAT bugs and enhancements for projects.
- Lead, develop and deliver Training and User Guides for validation IT projects.
Education and experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology
- Knowledge of traditional product development, validation, and test methodologies
- A minimum of 5+ years of professional engineering experience
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology
- Understanding of automotive design, development and validation business and processes
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship leadership skills to effectively collaborate with others in varying levels of the organization
- Excellent project management skills and ability to manage many projects at once
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communications skills
- Take ownership of tasks and work autonomously when required
- Eager to develop and keep up to date with new and enhanced technologies.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.