This is a Hybrid position within our IT Organization. The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to commute to the innovation center to which they are assigned as their primary GM facility. Relocation may be provided.
The GM Bill of Material Delivery Group Manager is responsible for managing System Integration Leads, who deliver all manufacturing centric IT infrastructure required for new GM vehicle or powertrain product launches. The Bill of Material Delivery Manager requires a strong background in network infrastructure deployment in support of manufacturing plant floor system integration, manufacturing operations, manufacturing material and quality processes and systems, manufacturing tooling, and lean manufacturing processes.
The GM IT Launch team supports a large scope of GM vehicle and powertrain product programs. We follow a robust IT launch scope delivery methodology to
ensure the highest IT manufacturing system deployment quality. Strong collaboration with GM Manufacturing Engineering, GM Manufacturing Product Launch, GM Manufacturing Plants, and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) is required to integrate critical IT network and systems into manufacturing production systems.
Our corporate goal is simple, design, build, and sell the world’s best vehicles. The GM Manufacturing IT Launch Team directly supports the build component.
This role is in support of new product launches, with exposure to the latest and greatest manufacturing technologies.
You will be working in new product launches providing an opportunity for exposure to the latest Propulsion Systems, and Vehicles that General Motors manufactures.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience managing a team of engineers and/or technicians
- Bachelor's degree in a IT/technical field
- Knowledge of SAN storage system hardware (i.e. EMC Clarion, 3PAR & VNX)
- Familiarity with VMware VSphere environment (latest version)
- Knowledge of Windows (Server 2012) and Linux (Red Hat/SUSE) server environments
- Experience with Cisco network technology deployment and administration
- Self-motivated; Results driven
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
- Manufacturing related curriculum or significant interest in manufacturing
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is an asset
10+ Years' of experience in managing people and building /developing teams
Must be able to Travel locally, and Internationally to Mexico, and Canada
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.