Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired. This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-3 times per week .
In recent years, GM Information Technology has successfully executed the largest IT transformation in the history of the automotive industry, fully insourcing what once was a nearly completely outsourced IT function. Today GM IT is a dynamic and fast paced organization that designs, develops and maintains all IT infrastructure, applications and solutions enabling GM’s global operations. From designing and building the next generation of electric and other vehicles to developing a world-class GM experience for our dealers and customers, GM IT is driving real change in the most iconic automaker on the planet. Our team delivers unique enterprise-wide IT solutions in cutting-edge technologies such as mobility, telematics, mission-critical business systems, supercomputing, cloud, vehicle engineering and real-time computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to advance their careers and be a part of an IT organization focused on innovation, speed and business value.
Your role as an IT Manager helps to develop and maintain quality standards that support the company's software development lifecycle. You will analyze data in order to find areas for growth. Assist in the recruiting process. Training, motivating, mentoring, and coaching employees to ensure that standards are met. Build reports to supervise progress. Formulate strategies to increase productivity. Review processes to align with current trends. The successful candidate will play a key role in growing and modernizing QA practices and processes and will be accountable for designing, building, and implementing solutions.
- Build a culture of transparency, ownership, collaboration, accountability and quality
- Mentor and develop technical talent from new college hires to senior QA engineers
- Prioritizing work and managing performance of direct reports
- Expertise in testing across various languages and architectures
- Interact and collaborate with many teams cross-functionally
- Develop partnerships between Development and Business-Facing IT teams and a framework to which feature review and feedback is done expeditiously to support Agile development and releases
- Ability to drive testing teams with a focus on developing both the technical and functional excellence of the testing practice
- Direct research and development of test cases in support of business processes and requirements
- Develop and enforce quality standards and measures for the software development organization
- Ensure that software quality measures align with regulatory standards, industry standards, and accepted best practices
- Build methodologies and processes for the collection and analysis of data for ensuring software quality
- Perform analysis of formal test results to discover and report any defects, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws
- Maintain/create release management artifacts for QA
- Support staffing in accordance with portfolio demand and prioritization
- Identifying and selecting the best talent
Experience leading QA teams
Experience working with Agile methodology
Ability to dive into technical details
Solid understanding of test methodologies and process implementation experience
Experience driving test automation and test automation strategies
Proficient with conflict management and complex problem solving
Innovative and strategic problem solver with initiative to take action and build positive change
Must demonstrate outstanding communication and leadership skills
5+ years' experience in QA testing and leadership
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.