In recent years, GM Information Technology has successfully executed the largest IT transformation in the history of the automotive industry, fully insourcing what once was a nearly completely outsourced IT function. Today GM IT is a dynamic and fast paced organization that designs, develops and maintains all IT infrastructure, applications and solutions enabling GM’s global operations. From designing and building the next generation of electric and other vehicles to developing a world-class GM experience for our dealers and customers, GM IT is driving real change in the most iconic automaker on the planet.
Our team delivers unique enterprise-wide IT solutions in cutting-edge technologies such as mobility, telematics, mission-critical business systems, supercomputing, cloud, vehicle engineering and real-time computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to advance their careers and be a part of an IT organization focused on innovation, speed and business value.
We are seeking a results-driven professional to be a part of an IT Organization focused on innovation, speed and business value. Candidate should have knowledge in Project Management, process creation, tools, training and ideally have experience in the similar industry.
- Additional Job Description
The Associate IT Planner will assist with the execution and monitoring of Global Manufacturing, Global Purchasing & Supply Chain and Workplace Safety’s portfolio execution to ensure successful delivery. The Associate IT Planner will develop PMO processes, provide training and support the tools used in portfolio management. Applicants must possess skills to develop effective relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders by expressing an understanding of Portfolio and Project Management processes.
- Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, develop expertise, and document policies and processes related to Project and Portfolio Management and related tools.
- Communicate process and associated tool improvements to ensure adoption, providing consulting services as needed
- Develop training and self-help materials
- Identify process improvement opportunities and assess for viability. Define requirements for and test incremental improvements for supporting tools.
- Understand and articulate how designated processes fit into the big picture
- Conduct training for the organization as it relates to Portfolio Planning and execution policies and processes for all levels of management.
- Lead strategic and tactical process discussions with multiple levels of GM IT, fostering appropriate understanding to drive decisions
- Analyze raw data, dissecting high level information, validating/verifying results, and packaging results suitable for various audiences or presentations.
- Provide recommendations to evolve associated process metrics to mature with the organization
- 5+ years Project Management skills and experience
- 5+ years Project Life Cycle Management
- 3+ years of experience within a data driven environment
- Excellent partnership and collaboration skills and a willingness to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confirmed successful work experience managing projects demonstrating different types of project methodologies and life cycles (e.g., Agile, Waterfall)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Exceptional drive for results with the ability to multi-task
- Self-starter with the ability and foresight to convert vision into executable next steps, plans and process
- Strong proficiency in Excel advanced functions (pivot tables)
- Ability to articulate trends and key data metrics with stakeholders
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical subject area or equivalent experience/training
- Experience with HP Program and Project Management (PPM) software and TFS / AzureDevOps
- PMP Certification
- Major Duties and Responsibilities
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.