We’re dedicated to achieving our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion. We are looking for people who are passionate about helping us create safer, better and more sustainable solutions for personal mobility. Our bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. This position requires an employee to be onsite 2x every other week.
Software Defined Vehicle (SDV) group that supports the definition, design, and development of continuously improving mobility services. SDV is new vehicle intelligence platform that will underpin all our future innovations across a wide range of technological advancements, including the expanded automated driving. This means that you can potentially put a fingerprint on the vehicles that drive down the road! This space is ripe with technical leadership opportunities for sophisticated technology development, as well as the ability to provide mentorship for new employees. You can flex your teamwork muscles as you will be tasked with working with several other areas of engineering, IT, and the business.
As a Software Developer in SDV, your responsibilities include understanding and implementation of the use cases, software design execution and software verification (unit testing/ software integration testing, etc.). Software developer will develop services that will help in the efficient remote data transfer from vehicle to different back office. We particularly focus applying modern software techniques to design optimized software in micro service-oriented and event based architecture based on model-based system design.
Check out Super Cruise: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/general-motors_celebrities-test-drive-the-cadillac-escalade-activity-6799000833364254720-Q4H9
The developer would be responsible for leading the interchange of data between a vehicle service and data server in the vehicle. The Primary focus would be translating business requirements that would retrieve vehicle data according to the requirements presented by the requesting party. An understanding of asynchronous requests as well as designing and testing scalable code is preferred. Efficient coding techniques are preferred. The developer would be exposed to multiple teams from engineering to marketing, and translate their requests to actionable code. Data will be transferred from vehicle to back office systems that will be in Java/micro services.
- Ability to understand sophisticated problems in the data, natural language and contextual spaces from proof-of-concept through the product
- Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis, object-oriented analysis and design
- Development of applications in Java/J2EE/Spring boot/PCF/Unix/Azure /Cassandra/Kafka/Hadoop and other big data technologies.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Design and test skills for scalable code deployment
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Present approach to solving the code
- Establish a course of action take every measure ensuring systems are balanced and the environments are stable for smooth functioning of the development programs
- Drive for code asset management and reusable design frameworks
- Conduct research on new products and drive implementation to benefit/optimize overall software development
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or applicable technical field of study
- 3+ years of experience in application development using Java/J2EE/Spring/Springboot/ Oracle/Linux/Virtualization and Big data solutions.
- Hands-on experience of Azure PAAS components preferred - Azure Kubenetes Services, App Service, Azure Functions, Event Grid, Azure Pipelines and Azure IoT Hub.
- Knowledge in Big Data solutions – including but not limited to Kafka/pulsar/Cassandra and file storage solutions like Amazon S3.
- Expertise in CI/CD pipe line and knowledge in docker / kubernetes
- Knowledge of protocols gRPC,REST,MQTT,HTTP2 etc
- Working knowledge on different data formats xml , json ,proto buff
- A consistent Quick learner and adaptable to new technologies and situations
- Hands on Expertise in integrating various systems and deriving solutions.
- Experience with Analyzing network logs/CAN logs and co-relate to the vehicle data
- Experience in working with COTS products
- Solid Understanding of shell scripting and various scripting languages (ANT, WLST, Python etc.)
- Expert level knowledge of systems integration and high availability Architectures
- Solid knowledge in Enterprise Traffic management, DNS to SSL to TLS impacts
- Expertise in Enterprise distributed/Event driven application solutions
- Solid understanding of design patterns, different programming paradigms.
- Love for developing well-tested code and products at both the unit and functional level
- Passionate about telematics, over-the-air programming, Electric vehicle and self-driving technology
- Hands-on and can-do attitude in developing solutions to software architectures to meet user experience, platform or performance needs
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills working optimally with multi-functional personnel
- Flexible in timing and able to work in a driven and fast paced environment
- Familiarity with asynchronous data manipulation
- Understanding of multi-process architecture
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Familiarity with event-driven programming.
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as embedded vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.