Orion Assembly is an all-Electric Vehicle, BIQ IV, production facility; home to the BOLT EV, BOLT EUV , regular production Autonomous Vehicle and, in our next exciting chapter, the Electric Full-Size Truck. The Wiring Coordinator will report to the Lead Electrical Launch Coordinator. The Launch Electrical Wiring Coordinator is the key person at Launch to ensure the wire harness design and manufacturing are ready for their GM Vehicle Assembly Plant. This role will participate in the GM Automotive Manufacturing Electrical College (AMEC) for thorough training in preparation for launch activities.
- Be a member of the plant’s Electrical Team - an integrated, technical organization consisting of members from Manufacturing, Quality, Supplier Quality and Product Development organizations focused on problem solving the plant’s top external and internal quality problems.
- Implement the Launch Protection Plan at the wiring supplier facilities to set up a robust wire harness manufacturing process. (Significant travel is required in this role).
- Complete required training at various sites around GM and suppliers as part of the Automotive Manufacturing Electrical College (AMEC). (Travel is required in this role) .
- Drive corrective actions for electrical process issues
- Be the voice of the wiring supplier and GM manufacturing teams to interface with product engineers.
- Assist with packaging, harness sequence racks, and lift assist designs to deliver defect free harnesses to the production line
Basic Skills Required
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, particularly to translate highly complex technical issues to non-technical people
- Self-motivated and innovative
- Strong analytical ability
- Able to make decisions quickly with a high level of confidence
- Minimum 3 years previous experience with automotive electrical sub-systems or wire harnesses
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing and developing manufacturing processes
- Thorough working knowledge of GMS and supporting BIQ4 Deliverables
- Ability to work, successfully, with those whose native language is not English.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.