Application development is focused on 3D physics-based modeling and manipulation, imposing computational fluid dynamics, and facilitating the utilization of cluster-based and container-based modeling and simulation packages in HPC environments.
You’ll have the opportunity to design and lead iterative development and learning cycles that ultimately produce new and creative CAE solutions. The scope of the HPC landscape will include:
- CAE applications running on the HPC environment
- Open source development and integration
- Simulation lifecycle
- Data management
- HPC job optimization
- Agent-based modeling
- Cross platform integration
Candidates must be collaborative team players who will work closely with other HPC professionals (Scientists, Developers, Engineers, Project Managers, and Analysts).
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Preferred) in Software Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related quantitative areas
- The Lead HPC Application Development Engineer should have 10+ years applied experience in development, architecture, and software related engineering roles
- Programming experience in C++, Python and Java required
- Programming experience in several of the following preferred; Qt, HTML, CSS, and Web Services
- Thorough understanding of automated testing frameworks, how they operate and are integrated into a CI/CD pipeline
- Experience modifying and setting up automated testing pipelines and/or frameworks
- Experience testing a microservices based architecture
- Experience with Open Source build, test, and deploy tools such as Bitbucket, Artifactory, Jenkins, Sikuli, JUnit, NUnit, and Googletest
- Familiarity with open source development platforms and practices, specifically, OpenFOAM, ParaView, and Kitware’s Modelbuilder, are very positive characteristics for a successful candidate
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.