- Participates and supports a variety of projects as a team member.
- Creates presentations for management.
- Provides metric data for reviews.
- Supports customers & project teams with data analysis.
- Supports business initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with machining processes to include Rotary Transfer machines, Screw Machines, and CNC.
-Troubleshoot and provide technical support for manufacturing machining processes.
- Identify and implement quality improvements, tool cost improvements and uptime improvements.
- Coordinate maintenance and continuous improvement activities.
- Evaluate supplier proposals to determine the lowest manufacturing cost for new processes.
- Develop and maintain engineering documentation to support GM requirements.
- Specify, purchase and install additional machining equipment, gauges and tooling
-Bachelor of Science in engineering degree or equivalent engineering experience
-Minimum 7 years of experience in engineering support for machining operations.
-Ability to specify, purchase and qualify machining equipment using a Global supply base.
- Ability to travel to both domestic and international machine tool suppliers.
-Ability to work with all levels of machining knowledge and effectively communicate at all levels.
-Experience in gauge specifications and usage for precision components with micron tolerances.
- Understand and interpret engineering prints.
- Ability to modify and develop standard work documents for manufacturing floor machining operations.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
-Ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
-Exhibit strong organizational skills to meet project goals and deadlines.
-Working knowledge of GD&T as applied to product prints.
-Experience in valvetrain, injector, bearing, spool valve or other precision machined components.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.