RESS (Rechargeable Energy Storage System) Maintenance Group Leader
FOR GM INTERNAL CANDIDATES: The determination by HR and the Hiring Manager as to whether an offer will be lateral or promotional will be based on a candidate’s relevant experience and whether the role will amount to a significant increase in level of responsibility.
This is a full-time salaried GM position. Work location will be in the newly renovated facility located on the Spring Hill, Tennessee campus.
The Maintenance Group Leader will be responsible for supervising a group of employees that are responsible for operations, maintenance, and repair of plant equipment. You will lead the team to develop business processes and foster an atmosphere of teamwork, inclusiveness, and cooperation. You will be an integral part of a team driving GMs electric future. Work is of a technical nature and requires you to use independent judgment within the limits of Global Manufacturing Systems, focusing on Safety, People, Quality, Responsiveness, Cost, and Environment (SPQRCE). Selected candidates will have the opportunity to learn new technical skills as well as influencing the development of manufacturing processes to support this historical and game-changing progression to electric and autonomous vehicles.
Travel (both domestic and international) is required for the first 1-2 years in this role. Frequency of travel will be approximately 2 weeks per month.
Willingness to work safely with high voltage Lithium-Ion cells and batteries
Leads the maintenance and repair of plant equipment and facilities aligned with standard GM maintenance systems. You will conduct appropriate checks and tests and communicates evaluation of results. Responsible for preventative maintenance and diagnosis of equipment malfunctions, Recommends solutions to problems, and meets schedule and quality requirements in addition to the following responsibilities:
- Complies with the terms of local and national labor agreements
- Implements divisional and corporate policies
- Implements safety and good housekeeping practices
- Frequent contact and collaboration with others outside of the work group
- Responsible for the effective use of personnel, material and equipment
- Participates in the selection of new employees
- Trains, develops and evaluates employees
- Establishes a course of action to accomplish completion of the job and/or project
- Leads technical guidance for complex and unusual plant operations or projects
- Assists in the development of budgets and forecasts within assigned area
- Obtains a deep knowledge and ability to implement GMS principle
Possess good physical stamina and coordination. Specific physical requirements of the position include the ability to:
- Walk and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Read standardized work instructions, operate machines and tools, and perform quality inspections.
- Promptly detect and respond to safety instructions, alarms, and signals.
- Wear personal protective equipment, for example: safety glasses, gloves, hats, ear plugs,.
- Work in a loud manufacturing environment that is not climate controlled (conditions can be hot or cold).
- Frequently and repetitively:
- Bend, twist, kneel, crouch and reach to perform work
- Lift or carry materials weighing up to 15 pounds and periodically carry or lift materials weighing up to 40 lbs
- Occasionally sit, climb (including ladders and lifts) and drive vehicles and equipment.
Maintenance Group Leader Required Skills:
• Strong interpersonal skills and leadership experience.
• Must be able to interpret blueprints and engineering drawings.
• High level of analytical ability where problems are complex.
• Proven project management and communication skills.
• Experience with SAP and MAXIMO (preferred)
• Minimum of 1 year of related maintenance experience (preferred)
• Must be willing to work weekends and rotating shifts
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.