Job Description Summary :
The Manager, Global EV Ecosystem will lead EV charging ecosystem strategies in collaboration with GM’s global markets. This newly created role will organize, align, and implement charging customer experiences across global programs, network development, engagement activities, charging products & services, including CPO strategies and partnerships and customer-facing features (e.g. mobile & in-vehicle apps). The manager will work with GM regional teams to engage internal and external stakeholders to deliver a world-class customer charging experience. Leading candidates will have a high degree of comfort in tactical execution and the ability to process a broad array of inputs into a strategy and present this critical strategic information thoughtfully.
- Lead the coordination of regional EV charging and infrastructure strategies and solutions
- Steer the creation of regional strategic analyses and execution of seamless and convenient EV charging experiences
- Collaborate with engineering teams, program management teams, and other internal groups to design and execute charging customer experiences and related features
- Manage priorities and timing associated with feature development
- Coordinate cross-functional project teams to create business approaches
- Develop and communicate regional requirements, establish common approaches, and translate standards into implementable business solutions
- Understand and advocate for regional needs
- Support regional engagement with external charging partners (existing and new), as well as enterprise solutions to deliver integrated solutions for customers
- Build a strong network of external relationships throughout the EV ecosystem, including commercial providers, suppliers, consultants, analysts, utilities, and other stakeholders
- Synthesize an engaging story based on insights and analyses including building compelling presentation decks and present quickly and clearly to key decision-makers
- Support EV education & engagement implementation globally (e.g. EV Academy, EV Live)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 6-10+ years of experience with automotive OEM in an electrification-based role, hydrogen station operator, electric vehicle (EV) charging, utility, or organization focused on customer experience preferred
- Undergraduate degree required; MBA desired (good business acumen)
- Demonstrated skills in successfully negotiating with internal and external partners
- Ability to critically evaluate and create project plans
- Experience in or working with global markets is an asset
- Cross-cultural agility
- Demonstrated experience putting the customer at the center of decision making
- Ability to frame complex, ambiguous situations
- Open-minded to new and changing approaches to ensure desired solution is achieved
Please only apply if you DO NOT need sponsorship to work in the United States now or in the future. We are unable to consider candidates who require sponsorship .
COMPENSATION : The median level of salary compensation for this role is 130,343.86.
BONUS POTENTIAL : An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
BENEFITS : GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.