This is a Hybrid position within our IT Organization. The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to commute to the innovation center to which they are assigned as their primary GM facility. Relocation may be provided.
We are targeting a start date on or after January 10th, 2022 for this position.
The Senior Business Analyst accountable for building and maintaining the relationship with the end user (i.e. Business Team/Customer) for small to medium scale projects! They are responsible for eliciting requirements / user stories and representing them to the Enterprise Solutions Delivery and Enterprise Sustain Services teams throughout the systems development cycle. Will lead requirements elicitation and documentation for one or more medium to large projects with increased complexity.
About the GM Global Manufacturing IT team:
- Transforms new automotive product designs into reality and is comprised of approximately 5000 employees at over 150+ locations across 20 countries.
- ME is a key element in the transformation toward Electric Vehicles in General Motors and ME works throughout the Vehicle and Propulsion Development Process starting with manufacturing feasibility analysis, through process and tooling design and construction, and culminating in the launch of exciting new products in our manufacturing plants.
- The GM ME Information Technology (IT) team plays a vital role in creating and implementing IT solutions which enable the development, validation and manufacturing of Electric Vehicles and Propulsion Systems using sophisticated 3D CAD, simulation, and business analytical technologies, enabling the digital manufacturing process and system design prior to physical builds, and enabling virtual assessments of processes prior to the launch of the product in a manufacturing plant and integrate seamlessly with production critical Manufacturing (Mfg) Executions Systems.
- The electrification of our propulsion systems is driving additional requirements including high speed manufacturing for both discrete and process manufacturing. ME IT collaborate closely with our business partners to develop the information system strategies and systems to translate breakthrough technologies into vehicles and experiences that people love.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Project coordination & execution role for Plan and Define as part of the System Development process
2. Development of business process models, flow diagrams, business requirements/user stories (functional and non-functional) and product backlogs
3. Partners with business to ensure comprehensive user acceptance testing/training plans are developed/executed and application is successfully transitioned to production
4. Ability to conceptualize an applications' solution based on the business's input, business issues and data challenges of the business
5. Serves as the requirements' liaison between the business community and the IT teams
6. Coordinates with Business on Problem and Incident Management
7. Coordinates project business value/return on investment analysis
8. Supports IT Strategy Development
9. Identifies business strengths and weaknesses and suggests areas of improvement
- Bachelor's degree required (technical field preferred) or equivalent experience. 7+ years in an applicable business environment.
- In-depth understanding of business analyst fundamentals
- In-depth understanding of Business Process Modeling
- In-depth understanding of writing & leading Business Requirements Documents
- Knowledge in a functional area or business process domain
- In-depth understanding of business issues and data challenges of the organization and industry as a whole
- In-depth understanding of business process and how application(s) they represent support it
- Demonstrates critical skills such as collaboration, strong written and verbal communication skills, and analytical capability
- Independently facilitates sessions with end users, asking probing questions to elicit business process discussion and bring together process flow diagrams
- Action oriented and raise issues as necessary
- Strong time management skills and multi-task i.e. leading multiple projects
- Ability to Independently facilitate meetings and present information for decision-making purposes with little to no direction
- Increased technical & business insight for planning
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.