This is a full-time, permanent position working as a direct employee of General Motors Subsystems, LLC. General Motors Subsystems provides excellent health benefits and competitive pay.
- Starting pay is $15.00/hour located in Lake Orion, MI
- Operate material handling equipment (fork truck or tugger) to load, unload, transfer and move materials within assembly plant to put away product and deliver to assembly line.
- Maintain proper materials staging at all times to ensure all items are staged in the order in which they expire (oldest to newest).
- Select correct parts utilizing a computer system..
- Sequence parts utilizing error proofing computer system.
- Participate in ongoing inventory control activities including cycle counting, inventory management and analysis.
- Must be able to work in fast paced constantly changing environment.
- Possess good physical stamina and coordination and could be required to stand and/or walk for long periods daily, sustain frequent bending, twisting, stooping and reaching, and could be required to periodically lift up to 40 lbs.
- Assist in reviewing and/or updating documentation for related processes.
- Maintain quality, safety and productivity standards.
- Participate in required training.
- Contribute to a culture that promotes safety as its overriding priority. Report for work on time.
- Work successfully in a team environment.
Interested individuals must meet the following minimum qualifications:
Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors hiring process requirements which include comprehensive assessments, hair drug testing, and a background check.
At least 18 years of age.
Eligible to work in the United States.
Must be willing to work flexible shift hours and day, afternoon, or night shift as well as overtime hours on those shifts with little notice.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.