This position DOES require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively.
Subject Matter Expert of Metrology and Dimensional Management within Pre Production Operations (PPO), Machining Tooling and Stamping (MTS). You will be the technical expert on Polyworks, CMM programming, and Laser Scanning and oversee, coach and train hourly dimensional Metal Model Makers. You will lead the coordination of matching events and be the liaison between MTS and Program Teams while driving the implementation of new dimensional technologies in our workstream. Requires a high level of independent judgment. This is a Technical Subject Matter Expert position that does not have direct people leader responsibilities.
- Develop and continuously improve the dimensional management department and future workstreams. Interface with numerous subject matter experts, develop clear strategies, and present these plans to senior ME Body leadership.
- Oversee, assist, and train a team of Salary and hourly skilled trades in CMM Programming and Scanning techniques and strategies.
- Help develop initial dimensional strategy through collaboration with Body ME, DRE’s, and Program Management teams.
- Collaborate with Die Program Manager, Strategic Planners, Manufacturing Integration Managers, and Vehicle Systems Engineers to gather all required information for Manufacturing Planning Study responses.
- Participate in appropriate forums to represent dimensional concerns in early phase of vehicle development. These forums may include Pull Ahead Production Tooling meetings, Quality Plan Development, and interface with operations teams.
- Lead PPAP and PAR activities as we develop Low Volume Production programs.
- Define equipment and technology upgrades to support Dimensional Strategy
- Ability to lead, coach and teach in a Team Environment
- Experience in with Teamcenter, Polyworks and NX Software programs.
- Ability to teach hourly Skilled trades (Metal Model Makers) on the shop floor and direct dimensional strategies, as well as programming.
- Proficient in part measurement systems
- Demonstrate knowledge of geometric design and tolerance and gage design and function
- Thorough knowledge of tooling and manufacturing processes.
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals
- Ability to prioritize work with limited direction from direct Supervisor
- High level of analytical ability to problem-solve complex manufacturing problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience with demonstrated Metrology and Dimensional Management responsibilities.
- High level of interpersonal skills to effectively lead and teach employees
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.