What You Need
- Applicants must have strong experience in developing scalable and highly available applications:
- 4-year college degree preferably in computer science, computer engineering, information systems, mathematics.
- 5+ years’ experience delivering Java / JEE business solutions
- 3+ years’ experience working with agile development environment and DevOps culture
- 2+ years' experience in developing 12-factor microservices while utilizing Continuous Integration, Build, and Delivery w/Spring, Spring Boot
- Familiarity with multiple interface patterns including RESTful APIs and event-based messaging
- 2+ years’ experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry, CI/CD, Kubernetes, Kafka, Cassandra, Redis, Git, Junit, Dynatrace, ELK, Kibana, Prometheus, Grafana, Yaml, Swagger, Insomnia and Maven
- Proficiency with BDD and TDD methodologies
- Experience building and maintaining highly automated CI and CD pipelines leveraging technologies such as Azure DevOps Server (formerly TFS), Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, Black Duck, Chef, SonarQube
- Competency writing basic SQL queries. Oracle and/or Postgres experience a plus. NoSQL experience with Cassandra a plus.
- Experience in designing and implementing container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes and Helm
- Experience utilizing platform and infrastructure-as-a-service technologies and capabilities and their corresponding services (object store, configuration management, service registries, etc.). Pivotal Cloud Foundry experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with the ELK stack and dashboarding within Kibana
- Experience supporting applications in production
What is Even Better
- Experience with SAFe Agile teams that have regularly delivered software while practicing code review
- At least 5+ years relevant work experience
- Demonstrates Being Bold, Be inclusive, Innovate now, It’s on me and One Team behaviors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to effectively communicate and translate requirements into solutions using design documents and diagrams
- Creative problem-solving skills that deliver elegant solutions to complex issues
- Experience with monitoring tools, application performance tuning and effectively root causing problems and communicate solution to cross functional teams.
- Ability to function with new technologies
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.