Who You Are
We are involved in all aspects of developing new features including user story elaboration, estimation, analysis, design, programming, unit/integration testing and debugging following Agile development practices such as Scrum and Extreme Programming (XP). In this highly collaborative, multi-functional, and Agile environment. You will also…
- Build industry leading mobile apps for connected vehicles on a global scale
- Elaborate, estimate, and design for small increments of work…just-in-time
- Contribute to completing well-defined work and deliver on those commitments
- Swarm around tasks along with other Scrum team members
- Perform technology evaluation and design spikes
- Test-drive code
- Pair program with different people in many situations
- Report status of assigned software development tasks
- Consistently follow the specified software development methodology
- Promote improvements in functional/acceptance test driven development, continuous integration, and test automation
- Continuously learn and challenge the organization concerning new practices, processes, technologies, and languages
- Build a strong team using their collaborative skills.
- Interview and mentor team members.
- Provide leadership and assistance among cross-functionally
- Demonstrate a high degree of business insight, creativity, a drive for results, develop peer relationships, and a good technical learning.
- BS in Computer Science or other related field of study and applicable work experience
- 5+ years of proven ability on a team developing mobile apps in at least one of the following frameworks: React Native, native Android, or native iOS apps.
- Design and write software technical specifications, write software code and perform unit testing
- Apply current technology to seek technical problems and ensure system and application performance is optimized
- Work with business units to improve efficiency and remove barriers in applications
- Work with product teams on new product ideas, designs, prototypes and estimates
- Maintain coding standards to facilitate code maintenance and improvement
- Provide deep systems support (programming, architecture, system analysis) for the Applications team
- Document processes and development projects
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.