At GM, we are finding ways to bring your digital life into your car and your car into your digital life. One way is with your phone. GM vehicle apps provide new ways to connect with your vehicle. Among other things, you are able to see diagnostic information and start your car from your phone, watch, and interact with services in your vehicle using CarPlay and Android Auto. You can help determine what it will do next! With 4G LTE connected cars becoming available in Europe as well as North America.Do you have a passion to see your work used by millions of customers around the world?
Do you believe in building not only working software, but well-crafted software working with a community of professionals?
How about steadily adding value by releasing frequently the features you built in productive partnerships with customers, product management and user experience teams?
We need ambitious and creative professional React Native, Android Native, and iOS Native application developers passionate about mobile apps, the connected car. You will be part of a fast growing technology group developing ground breaking features in GM’s flagship mobile apps.
Learn more about our apps by looking at myBuick, myCadillac, myGMC, myChevrolet, or OnStar RemoteLink. Below are links to myChevrolet:
- iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mychevrolet/id398596699?mt=8
Who You Are
- Join our highly collaborative, multi-functional team and help in building industry leading mobile apps for connected vehicles on a global scale
- Be involved in all aspects of developing new features including user story elaboration, estimation, analysis, design, programming, unit/integration testing and debugging following Agile development practices such as Scrum and Extreme Programming (XP).
- Collaborate with multiple partner teams, analyze their requirements, prioritize and drive features to closure with very high quality.
- Actively help and mentor team members
- Apply current technology to seek technical problems and ensure system and application performance is optimized
- Work with business units to improve efficiency and remove barriers in applications
- Work with product teams on new product ideas, designs, prototypes and estimates
- Maintain coding standards to facilitate code maintenance and improvements
- Provide deep systems support (programming, architecture, system analysis) for the applications and document processes and development projects
- BS in Computer Science or other related field of study and applicable work experience
- Proven experience in building on mobile technologies and frameworks (iOS or Android, React Native, native Android, or native iOS apps)
- At least 2 years software development experience in full product cycle: design, write, development, test, release, and maintenance in mobile (iOS or Android).
- Experience developing apps that interact with Web Services (REST, JSON)
- Demonstrated knowledge and practical application of design patterns
- Experience with identifying and writing appropriate tests using mocking/spying frameworks for isolation of the subject component
- 2+ years in development of app(s) available in the Google Play store in a team environment
- Experience designing and developing mobile applications in a complex operating environment; financial domain experience strongly preferred
- Proven experience/responsibility for design and architectural decisions of app in the app store
- Must have strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
- Understanding of object-oriented design, client-server architecture, and relational database design
- Experience with notification platforms such as FCM, APNS
- Experience developing location-based services with MapKit, Google Maps or similar framework
- Experience in Jenkins, Fastlane, and Fabric for continuous integration and deployment
- Experience with multithreading, memory management, and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.