Warren Tech Center - Design
General Motors has needs for qualified Molder Journeypersons. Working under minimal supervision, the Molder Journeyperson is responsible to support the Design Studio by providing scale and/or full-size reproductions of interior and exterior body parts.
- Follow established safety procedures according to OSHA standards and company procedures
- Gel coat/Fiberglass cloth layup
- Understanding of carbon fiber and fiberglass layup laminate schedules
- Plaster casting and mold making processes
- Fiberglass/carbon fiber and Pre-preg carbon fiber vacuum bagging process
- Bladder fabricating techniques used in the support of complex fiber glass layups as required in the vacuum bag process to ensure a high quality part
- Pattern layout for Pre-preg carbon fiber (nesting)
- Fabrication methods creating tools off clay models, generate run off and extrusions including the fabrication of complete vehicle body tools
- Set up and vacuum form parts using vacuum form machine
- Operate shop equipment (table saws, band saws, drill press, radial arm saws, sanders, and powered hand tools)
- Vacuum casting process including set-up of master models, pouring silicone boxes, removal of master model, and then vacuum casting duplicate parts
- Part nesting
- Pattern making (graphic nesting)
- Ability to work with Production, Engineering and peers in a team environment
Interested individuals must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- U.S. Department of Labor Completion of Apprenticeship Certificate as Molder or six (6) years of documented experience in the fields of Molds and Composites (notarized documentation required)
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors hiring process requirements which includes a comprehensive assessment, hair drug testing, and a background check.
- At least 18 years of age
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Candidates must be willing to work flexible shift hours and day, afternoon, or night shift as well as overtime hours daily, weekend and holidays on those shifts with little notice
General Motors UAW hourly employment offers a very competitive compensation and benefit package. An annual incentive payout is also available, as qualified.
Relocation and travel expenses will be the responsibility of the applicant.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.