About OnStar Insurance
Are you passionate about being a part of a start-up that will scale the OnStar Insurance business? Are you excited about a new vision and how GM will continue to revolutionize the consumer market with added services? The foundation has been laid to launch this exciting and fast-paced team. This may be the opportunity for you!
OnStar Insurance was launched in 2020 and will be in all US states by end of 2022. OnStar Insurance Services intends to leverage its unique understanding of the vehicles GM produces to offer a secure, fair, personalized, and easy-to-use digital insurance experience for drivers. GM has the largest connected vehicle fleet worldwide. In the US alone, there are currently 9M+ connected GM vehicles on the road and that number is projected to triple in the next 10 years. More than that, the OnStar system currently has access to over 900 data points from the vehicle. This surge in information about vehicles and how they are driven will revolutionize auto insurance. This disruption is backed by the bold GM vision of zero crashes, zero emissions and zero congestion. We are serious about the safety and financial security of our customers.
About the role:
Project and Program Management Teams are responsible for the delivery of the output/product of the program, which will involve managing a portfolio of projects and programs. Coordinate the teams who are working on the various projects. Responsible for ensuring that all business deliverables are identified and accounted for in the project plan with responsibility and due dates.
- Continuously monitor and report on project status
- Manage the identification, documentation, and traceability of business requirements
- Provide guidance and support during execution of change management activities
- Investigate and document complex business processes
- Develop project status reports for senior leadership
- Coordinate the input and approval of various project design and decision documents
- Defines program strategy, balancing customer and other requirements
- Developing tracking scorecards and metrics to illustrate status and ownership.
Developing milestone reviews for the key milestones and ensures the team is on track to deliver.
- Track business resources and identify any shortages based on project plans
- Ability to lead strategic process and systems discussions with senior leadership
- Bachelor's degree or 4 years applicable work experience
- 4+ years Project Management Experience
- 4+ years Program Management Experience
- 4+ years Experience Working on Cross-Functional Initiatives
- 4+ years Business Operations Experience
- 4+ years Experience Developing / Executing Global / Corporate Strategies
- Bachelor's degree in Technical field
- 6+ years Project Management Experience
- 6+ years Program Management Experience
- 6+ years Experience Working on Cross-Functional Initiatives
- 6+ years Business Operations Experience
- 6+ years Experience Developing / Executing Global / Corporate Strategies
- PMP Certification
- Agile Certifications – SAFe or ACP
- Previous insurance experience is a plus!
- Align cross-functional business and technical teams to help ensure alignment of goals and to help resolve conflicting priorities.
- Serve as the organization’s thought leader and subject-matter-expert on PMO planning and project execution effectiveness and drives continuous improvement in core planning and PMO processes and tools.
- Facilitates decision making among GM representatives to develop project scope of work documents and project plans based upon requirements.
- Identifies the roles of project team members, project reporting requirements, organizational structures, frequency of interaction, and training requirements needed for team members.
- Tracks and reports project completion status and training.
- Identifies, tracks, monitors, and communicates project-related risks and issues, scope changes, variances and contingencies that arise during the implementation.
- Facilitates amicable solutions with the appropriate customer(s) and project sponsor/owner.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.