Who You Are
Over-the-Air (OTA) programming is a complex feature that relies on strong multi-functional team process. The individual in this role will be responsible for driving the execution of OTA deployment into specific projects aligned with the global vehicle development process. You will take charge of multi-functional team activities to deliver updated software content to engineering development, preproduction, and production vehicles. Other key initiatives include process improvement, efficiency gains including proficiency around the use of growing OTA capabilities. You should also possess a mixture of strong project management, communication, interpersonal, and technical skills. Having the ability to manage projects across the development lifecycle with a strong focus on process maturity, risk management and closed-loop-learning will also be required. What do you think? Apply today!
What You Do:
- Understand core strategies, feature requirements, UX requirements and operational process requirements for OTA programming
- Understand implementation project timelines and vehicle program rollout timing
- Lead multi-functional effort of Product Development, Aftersales Engineering, CX, and other resources who support software updates, from project inception, validation, approval process through delivery.
- Collaborate with the Validation organization to develop and execute a comprehensive validation plan to ensure robust field performance; establish launch plan for each assigned project
- Passion for resolution of all issues surfaced during development process that lack a natural owner or require multi-functional coordination
- Drive formal closed-loop-learning for issues identified during update campaigns back to natural owners to ensure long-term corrective action
- Define/Refine robust scalable processes and formally document for consumption by multi-functional team members as well as new team members
- Travel as required to fulfill responsibilities < 5%
What You Need:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science or equivalent experience within the automotive industry.
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and ability to identify and remove roadblocks
- Proactive / results driven individual with high level of initiative and individual accountability
- Prior experience in leading multi-functional teams with strong collaboration skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Proven track record to summarize concise project status and focus leadership attention on key issues
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.