Roles and Responsibilities
- Direct report to the Body Shop Launch Operations Manager.
- Liaison to the Body Shop Area Manager / Body Launch Manager for the Launch Team issues.
- Leads the Body Shop launch activities with support from the Plant Planner, departmental Business Manager and other plant personnel.
- Utilizes Plant knowledge, relationships and authority to “get things done.”
- Engaged in Program from Verified Data Release (VDR) to Launch Team Release (LTR).
Product Interface & Issue Resolution Process
- Utilize Production Knowledge to analyze major design, tooling and specification for SPQRC issues.
- Engaged with the PDT, CIT, Peer Reviews, and MIT.
- Actively engaged with the Engineering counterpart to ensure the Process Engineering requirements are met and executed for Body Shop.
- Assist production in the development of the initial JES and SOS
- Implement PMP / TPM for Production and Maintenance
- Implement Set and Runs for Production
- Coordinates the interaction between General Assembly and Paint Shop for resolution of Body Shop issues whose root cause is found to have originated within those departments.
- Integral member of the problem resolution teams in Body Shop, assisting in resolution of build issues in Body while ensuring that the 7- diamond problem solving process is being utilized.
- Executes the change management process for internal process control (tooling, material, etc.), coordinates issues and resolutions with Body Shop and Paint Shop.
- Works with the Change Management Coordinator - Launch to develop plans for Production Trial Runs, Engineering Tryouts, Engineering Work Orders, etc. during the launch process. Leads Production Trial Runs (PTR) during the Launch
- Works with the Change Management Coordinator - Launch to understand all Temporary Engineering Work Orders, reworks and part substitutions for their impact and timing, providing production breakpoints on production issues.
- Provides Leadership during the Daily issues meeting with Manufacturing and Engineering.
- Root Cause established
- Owner assigned
- Ensures Containment is in place and repair direction is provided to technicians in Final Process
- Conducts daily Plant Issue Team meetings to resolve build issues and achieve schedule, acting as the execution liaison for the Body Shop.
- Coordinates material usage and track scrap material to assure it is processed correctly.
- Coordinates rework or replacement of non-salable parts on salable vehicles with support from other plant departments and Product Engineering.
- Coordinates the Process Verification Reviews, ensuring the operations are reviewed for safety, ergonomics, containers, tooling, etc.
- Attend and support Design and Process plus System Layout Reviews.
- Manufacturing voice at mule build activities
Program & Deliverables Timing
- Provides Level 1 & 2 outline for all Body Shop Master Dot activities ensuring updates with the appropriate countermeasures.
- Communicates Body Shop’s status to the Body Shop Launch Manager and the Body Shop Area Manager.
- Works with the Material Launch Manager to help coordinate and validate the material plan for General Assembly.
- Coordinates quality plans with Quality Systems.
- Holds team accountable to achieve manpower targets.
- Ensures that the Body Shop manufacturing validation plan supports the acceleration schedules and comprehends the plant build restrictions.
- Coordinates builds with Body Shop, schedules subassemblies and bodies in support of the launch plan, with emphasis on Safety, Quality and Thru-put.
- Drives ergonomics issue resolution by ensuring that Body Shop ergonomic reviews are occurring and corrective actions are developed.
- Provide leadership and Production input to GMS implementation, pulling on additional support as required.
- Manages the review and buy-off of Body Shop responsible items in vehicle retrofits execution on any vehicles before shipping.
- Provide Production input to the Body Shop layout development and operator station layout, utilizing established verification process, error proofing, and operator certification by start of manufacturing validation build.
- Monitors builds, communicating daily requirements while tracking performance. Working with others to ensure weld destruct and dimensional plans are followed.
Education & Training
- Identifies and develops the Body Shop training and workshop plan, and ensures its execution. Provide build direction and training to the production operators.
- Ensures that skilled trades training is developed and being executed.
- Implements lessons learned from previous programs and captures lessons learned during the program execution.
- Ensure active participation during the Process Verification Builds (slow builds), concentrating on weld patterns, sealer paths and metal match up.
- Responsible to schedule focused build workshops in the Operator Support Center
- Provides leadership to the Body Shop launch structure.
- Coordinates daily activity of launch personnel.
- Manage PIT activities; facilities, equipment and budget.
- Establishes plant participation for Validation Center builds and tool shops, for system buyoffs..
- Exhibit active participation as a member of the Launch Team and attends all Launch Team meetings, including the daily build wrap-up meetings, GCA, and production meetings.
- Responsible to forecast and coordinate the necessary plant resources required during the launch (E.G. skilled trades, checkers, and production operators).
- Input into pre-production budget requirements: resources, materials, training aids, etc.
- The Body Shop Launch Coordinator is responsible for the flawless execution of the program deliverables within the Body Shop.
- Identify and resolve issues to ensure a successful launch.
- Trained Body Shop organization.
- Share Lessons Learned
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.