Who you are?
In this role, you will be expected to provide Operational Expertise and Support to keep systems online and running with efficiency. You will also serve as Technical Triage lead for vehicle OTA update failure - Providing timely solutions and documentation. In addition, you will also:
- Implement SAFe Agile team structure and lead team's activities within TFS
- Provide User Acceptance Testing and Defect Resolution, Working with Agile teams to complete work
- Provide detail reporting of all active campaigns as well as technical analysis and quality improvement recommendations
- Support Engineering Vehicle Launches, Plant Lot OTA Updates, Dealer OTA Updates and Retail OTA Updates
- End to End system knowledge to triage system alerts and fault codes in real time and provide technical triage and resolution
- Perform data analysis to drive solutions to field issues
- Perform data analytics on OTA transactions and campaign performance to drive efficiencies and implement solutions
What You need:
- Bachelor's Degree (required) focused in a technical area of study (preferred)
- 5+ years experience in incident management or data analytics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff.
- Deep expertise in IT and networking technologies, operations and data centers.
- Demonstrated efficiency in leading multiple simultaneous tasks/projects
- Excellent customer service principles and practices
- Highly proficient in Linux, Database management, SQL, Maxis, Kibana, Microsoft Word and Excel and internal GM vehicle management systems.
- Provide Level 1, Level 2 support for IT systems used for Vehicle Services
- Lead IT scheduled and unscheduled outages, communicating with key partners and system users
- Domain Specialist for the creation, management and reporting of vehicle OTA Campaigns
- Solid understanding required of vehicle architecture, behaviors and ECUs
- Proactive / results driven individual with high level of initiative and individual accountability
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.