6 or 7th level opportunity
In this role your responsibilities will be of a technical nature with decisions made within the limits of general practices, policies and standards. Your work will involve complex manufacturing problems including the need to root cause and follow issues to resolve.
You will be responsible for equipment related to the manufacturing process. You will required to use your independent discernment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Release Paint Materials and Process
Design and Release Production Aids
Resolve PRTS issues
Respond to MPS, CR/DN’s
Represent VS - Paint in Compartment Integration Teams
(CIT), including virtual builds, Body PDT teams
Assess Vehicle Design for Sealing/Painting and Cure Capability
Implement “Product Design” Best Practices & DFM
Initiate Material Compatibility Testing
Represent VS - Paint on Current Product Improvement Teams (CPIT) for Quality/Cost/Throughput improvements
Present Engineering Changes to Change Approval Board Process (CAB)
Develop / Communicate Paint & Sealer Manufacturing Requirements
Conduct Vehicle Benchmarking Analysis
Determine Vehicle Coated Surface Areas for: (material cost/unit, environmental calculations etc.)
Conduct Peer reviews
Represent VS - Paint in Manufacturing Integration Team (MIT)
Develop and Release Paint Shop Process (MPP)
Lead Plant trials for Vehicle Driven Sealing Material Changes
Develop Paint Manufacturing Strategy
Investment, Layout, Carrier Strategy, BEC, HPV
Represent VS - Paint in Vehicle Build Events
Represent VS – Paint in Product Launch Team meetings
Lead Paint Issue Resolution Teams (IRT)
Guide J. D. Power Improvement Initiatives
Drive Warranty Reduction Initiatives
Represent VS - Paint to Product on Paint shop Applied materials, such as sealer, LASD,
- B.S. in Engineering or equivalent.
- Paint & Sealer material & process knowledge.
- Demonstrated organization, planning, problem solving skills, and oral & written
- communication skills.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and with others as part of a team.
- Ability to travel on assignments as required.
- Experience in launching a new vehicle
- Assembly plant experience
- Knowledge of Global Vehicle Development Process (GVDP)
- Knowledge of Body-in-White design
GM EMPLOYEES: Lateral opportunity only
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.