Paint Process Engineer with strong experience in robotic application. Work may be independent in nature, or require the assistance of outside resources.
• Support plant with development of new processes and pathing for new products and mid-cycle enhancements.
• Support plant with process improvements driven by quality data and bench marking improvements.
• Manage process control plans and performance to those plans.
• Maintain daily throughput requirements and lead problem solving efforts to address responsiveness issues.
• Manage quality data effectively and respond with action to address opportunities.
• Support plant with root cause identification and resolution of process related issues.
• Drive solutions using common systems and global standards.
• Supervise process team members. Direct process team daily and periodic activities.
• Manage business according to General Motors Global Manufacturing System Standards
- Plant Floor automation engineering required in this role.
- Ability to work with a high level of independence to execute project deliverables.
- High level of engineering and problem solving required.
- Fundamental understanding of painting process.
- Experience in programming Fanuc robots in paint processes.
- Operations level experience in automation cells.
- Ability to troubleshoot process and equipment problems.
- Ability to independently drive problems to resolution.
- Ability to read electrical and mechanical prints.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- May be required to work any shift
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is required.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.