- Train with other skilled Pattern Makers in the Building of Patterns for Die castings
- Use computer aided manufacturing software to create cutter paths.
- Utilize Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machinery to machine Styrofoam boards
- Assemble, finish and inspect Styrofoam patterns
- Attend and successfully complete approximately 700 hours of community college classroom training
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain production and non-production tools per Dimensional Checks
- Follow instructions on work performed on tooling per Engineering repairs and changes
- Demonstrate strong communication skills with Team Members, Management, and Engineering (verbal and written) on work done or requiring completion, to keep tooling routed through the Pattern Shop and work well within a Team
- Work with Global Manufacturing System (GMS) teams to maintain Built-In Quality (BIQ) qualification, Team Members, Team Leaders, and Management
- Ability to multi-task and safely operate multiple pieces of machinery for optimal efficiency
- Obey/Follow all safety procedures and wear required PPE according to all plant and corporate requirements and guidelines
- Maintain work area according to GMS Work Place Organization (WPO) standards/Safe work environment
- Move and transport material as required
- Follow lockout procedures and all safety policies
Preferred Background Skills:
- Blueprint reading – knowledge of shop math, Geometry, Algebra, Trigonometry. to make calculations and draft allowances to maintain dimensions, contours, profiles, etc.
- Understanding of materials, tools, and tool applications
- Use of measuring tools/instruments to layout and verify all dimensions and tolerances required of a Pattern maker
- Ability to work with diverse groups, be self-motivated and mentor others in problem solving and innovation
- Background of safe/good machine practices, programming code, tooling, set-ups, and inspection techniques, making adjustments/offsets to run parts within dimensional tolerances
- Ability to accurately complete all quality and inspection paperwork and documentation
- The ability to prioritize multiple jobs/tasks with different deadlines, follow jobs in progress with verbal and written instructions
- The ability to consult with and resolve related issues required of tooling changes.
- Experience using 3D CAD data in CNC programming, with preference in GIBBS/UGNX
- High School Diploma (2) years of College or Design /Pattern Maker course or trades schools preferred
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Possess Strong Analytical Skills.
Interested individuals must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors hiring process requirements which include comprehensive assessments, hair drug testing, and a background check
- At least 18 years of age
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Must be willing to work flexible shift hours and day, afternoon, or night shift as well as overtime hours daily, weekends and holidays on those shifts with little notice
- If you are a current GM employee operating under a collective bargaining agreement, please contact your local HR/LR for employee placement opportunities (as this is not a UAW Bargaining unit)
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.